hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• Goosifer
    • DeWetsWild
    • riou108
    • bxdczoo
    • matkinanna

Just something I've been wanting to see if it's possible for years.

PollyPocketFan79

PollyPocketFan79

For years I've been wondering if this thing can be changed for the 1st Zoo Tycoon that with some of the animals like with the Bongo and some of the carnivores that I make their exhibits and it's said this Exhibit is very suitable for (any animal), and then later goes on to say that particular animal is not happy but when you click on the zookeeper recommendations that it said is well suited for (any animal). The only thing that seems to help is hiring a bunch of zookeepers and put it into the animal's exhibit but then it makes them happy but then five minutes later it says that that animal is not happy again and will say the same thing. I've been wondering if there's ever been a way found to have that not happening.  

Savannahjan

I've found that this can happy if there are too many animals in the exhibit, even when it is very well designed to be suitable.  Sometimes they don't like too many guests around them.  If one of the animls is sick and the zookeeper doesn't get to it quick enough, other animals will get unhappy because their exhibit mates are sick.  If you have a large zoo with a lot of exhibits, they can be 100% suitable, but leave them alone for a while and things go badly.  Something I often do is put same sex aninals in the zoo so they don't get overrun.  You can leave a space between the pathway for guests and the exhibit fence, giving the animals a buffer.  Terrain can get trampled and the animals don't like it, so I use the Super Hack and that usually stops that.  Hoping other members can help with more.

Cricket

When you get this message, is your exhibit suitability at least 90 or higher?  If not, then there are things you can do to improve that suitability.  Maybe add more rocks or foliage.  And with your foliage, if it is a quarter-tile foliage, make sure you put all 4 in one game tile.  It may not look as natural as some may like, but it will help with suitability.  Some animals may require elevation that may not be specified on the zookeeper's recommendations.  I've had this happen before.   You may want to play with that too.  And, of course, if you get the red unhappy face, that's not what they want lol. 

• Like 1