• Most Online

asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• LapisLazuli77
    • genericthrowaway769

Sockpuppet's Creations

Sockpuppet

hello everyone! I'm new to APE but I'm going to try and make a Baryonyx. At the moment things aren't going as planned and my dinosaur keeps wobbling when I add it's pictures to the animation thing, but I think I know how to fix that...

Being my first creation it may not be very good, but we'll see...

genkicoll

Have you looked at Jordan's animal creation tutorial? It should answer any questions you might have, and if not, he has a Q&A thread where you can ask :D

From the posts you have made, I'm getting the impression that you're doing a new animal, not just one with new stats and a recolor? If that's the case, the reason why you've got "wobbling" is because of APE. For animations, it requires that every image has the same border size. Not sure how to explain this. In APE, generally you want the edges of the border to be touching your item, as long as none of your item has a pixel in the top left corner, as that is the color that APE will delete as your "background" color. However, with animations, the height and width of the image needs to be exactly the same for every image, or it will "jump" around when you put it in APE. Is this making sense?

Have you looked at Jordan's animal creation tutorial? It should answer any questions you might have, and if not, he has a Q&A thread where you can ask :D

From the posts you have made, I'm getting the impression that you're doing a new animal, not just one with new stats and a recolor? If that's the case, the reason why you've got "wobbling" is because of APE. For animations, it requires that every image has the same border size. Not sure how to explain this. In APE, generally you want the edges of the border to be touching your item, as long as none of your item has a pixel in the top left corner, as that is the color that APE will delete as your "background" color. However, with animations, the height and width of the image needs to be exactly the same for every image, or it will "jump" around when you put it in APE. Is this making sense?

Thanks Genkicoll! :lol: It's not exactly a completely new animal, I'm using a Spinosaurus because they look very similar except for the spine. So I'm removing the spine. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

hello again.

umm... due to the fact i am starting to lose interest in ZT :( this Baryonyx is going to take quite a bit longer to make than i would have thought. I will still try to finish it for anyone waiting for it, it will just take a long time.

Sorry