• Most Online

jspharm
    Newest Member
    jspharm

• Goosifer

Nameless animals

Guest jbnbsn99

Guest jbnbsn99

I've recently downloaded several user made animals and quite a few are name less in the game i.e. no info shows up on screen to identify them. It will say "1 is not contained" or something along those lines. How can I fix this so that my animals all have names.

genkicoll

I'm not familiar with animal creation for ZT2, so I'll let one of the experts handle the question :)

Guest ShenTirag

It sounds like you've downloaded animals that are not in the correct language for your game. A few sites have downloads geared towards a certain language. What language is your game in, and where did you download these nameless animals from? Either that or you have downloaded a poor quality download with broken files.

Guest jbnbsn99

That is exactly what happened. They were from a German site whereas I am using an English version. Another thing I've noticed is that they do not receive donations in the game like the other animals. The site was www.zootycoonabc.de.

Guest ShenTirag

Yes, many of the downloads at that site are in another language so all their names and zoopedia information will not be shown in your game. Unless you know how to translate them yourself, the only solution is to remove them! :(

Guest ShenTirag

At the basic level, you need to open up the relevant .z2f of the download using winzip/winrar, go into the Lang folder and change the name of the folder inside that. For English, it needs to be called 1033, it will be some other number for the other languages. The names and zoopedia will now show in your game, but of course they will be in German or whatever.

To translate them into English, you must open up the .z2f, go into the Lang and then 1033 folder, and open the .xml file inside with Notepad. All of the words not in < > and < /> brackets need to be translated into English :)