jspharm
    Newest Member
    jspharm

• Goosifer

Blue Fang Games Podcast

Guest BF_KeithC

Guest BF_KeithC

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying Extinct Animals (those of you who have managed to get it so far that is). Today I want to tell you all about something that some of the people here at Blue Fang have put together for the fan community. The company has decided to start making monthly podcasts to give people a bit of insight into the making of the Zoo Tycoon franchise, as well as some knowledge of the game industry in general. The first of these podcasts is available for free on iTunes. If anyone is interested, here is a link to get to it:

Blue Fang Games October Podcast

Please feel free to share this with any of your friends and family who may be interested in knowing more about Blue Fang, Zoo Tycoon, and gaming industry. Thanks, hope you enjoy it!

Keith

Guest ShenTirag

Hi Keith, great to hear BF is still keeping in touch with the community! :) One query though...is there anyway you can get this podcast without iTunes? I don't have it and I'm not very interested in getting it just to listen to BF podcasts (as much as I love you all ;))

Guest BF_KeithC

You can try this link:

Blue Fang Podcast

It has worked for some people, but not for others, not really sure why. No iTunes needed for that one, just click on the mp3 file (assuming the link works for you) and the podcast should start playing.

Guest ShenTirag

Got it, thanks for the quick reply! :) I shall now sit back and listen!

Edit: Thanks for this, it's really interesting. The discussion on mass market games is important, I think, and reflects a lot of discussions I've had with friends of mine (I have friends in the indie Adventure Game and other scenes). It is interesting how those involved in game development seem to think the same way...my boyfriend works at Traveller's Tales (LEGO StarWars, LEGO Batman etc) and it is interesting how close some of the things discussed in the mass market discussion reflect what he's been telling me that they talk about there too ;) Maybe there really is a "gamer-developer-nerd profile" ;)

Guest BF_KeithC

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to quickly mention the podcast again. For people who want to listen but can't/don't want to download iTunes, you can find it on our company website at: Blue Fang Podcast

For those of you who do have iTunes, if you listen to the podcast, please do us a favor and subscribe to it. The more people who do so, the more prominently it will be displayed in searches, which could potentially introduce more people to our games and help the Zoo Tycoon fan base grow larger. It's one small favor that you all can do that could really help out Blue Fang Games in the long run.

Thanks again! I hope you are all enjoying Extinct Animals!