• Vainon_ajat
    • pukkie
    • Fern
    • Goosifer
    • YuYu1997

Missing icon ingame

Hawkkeye666

Hawkkeye666

Hi, I continue to make animals from Complete Collection pack into ZT1... And I have run into another problem.

In APE, everything is alright: APE.bmp

Both icon and image in purchase menu are seen as they should be.

But when I put animal ingame, they are missing: (pic in attachment)

•  Does anyone know where is the problem, or how to solve it, please?

Zoo Tycoon.bmp

From Jay: Without looking at the file, I can only talk in generalities. For the plaque, I assume either the cPlaqueImageName line is wrong in the ".uca" file or the pl.../pl....ani file is wrong in the ".ztd" file. For the purchase menu icon, I assume either an Icon line is wrong in the ".uca" file or an ic.../ic....ani file is wrong in the ".ztd" file.

Hawkkeye666
2 hours ago, Fern said:

From Jay: Without looking at the file, I can only talk in generalities. For the plaque, I assume either the cPlaqueImageName line is wrong in the ".uca" file or the pl.../pl....ani file is wrong in the ".ztd" file. For the purchase menu icon, I assume either an Icon line is wrong in the ".uca" file or an ic.../ic....ani file is wrong in the ".ztd" file.

Thank you, here is the file.

redflankedduiker.ZTD

I would suggest you add your initials to any ztd or zip as this stops name conflicts for both. Maybe hk or HK.

From Jay: I was correct in my generalities. The ".ani" files do not have the correct directory names.

animals/rduiker/icfrduiker/icfrduiker.ani should have "dir1=rduiker" instead of "dir1 =B61BBB81" and "dir2=icfrduiker" instead of "dir2 =icfbongo".

animals/rduiker/icmrduiker/icmrduiker.ani should have "dir1=rduiker" instead of "dir1 =B61BBB81" and "dir2=icmrduiker" instead of "dir2 =icmbongo".

animals/rduiker/lsfrduiker/lsfrduiker.ani should have "dir1=rduiker" instead of "dir1 =B61BBB81" and "dir2=lsfrduiker" instead of "dir2 =lsfbongo".

animals/rduiker/lsmrduiker/lsmrduiker.ani should have "dir1=rduiker" instead of "dir1 =B61BBB81" and "dir2=lsmrduiker" instead of "dir2 =lsmbongo".

animals/rduiker/plrduiker/plrduiker.ani should have "dir1=rduiker" instead of "dir1 =B61BBB81" and "dir2=plrduiker" instead of "dir2 =plbongo".

The ".ani" files in the various animals/rduiker/f/... directories are also technically not correct, since they have "dir2 = m" instead of "dir2=f" and the various views are using m.pal instead of f.pal. I suspect no female images were made, but I cannot tell for sure because the ".pal" files are different in the ic... and ls... directories. If female images were not made, "f = animals/rduiker/f" can be changed to "f = animals/rduiker/m" in the ".uca", the [f/Icon] and [f/Characteristics/Strings] sections can be deleted from the ".uca", and then the animals/rduiker/icfrduiker directory, animals/rduiker/lsfrduiker directory, and all animals/rduiker/f/... files and directories can be deleted from the ".ztd".

Although the above will make the images appear in ZT, that is not the way I would do it. It is preferable not to have any directory name that is longer than 8 characters, since the animals that come with ZT do not. Also, when making up a name for the directory in the animals directory, it is usually best to include a 2 letter abbreviation for the designer's name (preferably at the end for animals), to prevent conflicts. If hawkeye says what they will use, we can add the 2 letter abbreviation to the corresponding topic here:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=9733.0

I did not check anything else in the ".ztd".

• Thanks 1