Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• And 1
    • pdn
    • Zooup

A Few of My Favorite Things (Zoo)

Truly_happy

Truly_happy

I've been working on a zoo for some time now that is meant to represent "me". In it are my favorite animals, animals that have significance in my life, and other things that I enjoy. I've redone it a couple of times, saving to a new file and then wiping the whole map clean. (I think I just don't want to complete this zoo because then I'll be bored. :tongue: ) My third attempt is the most beautiful, though it took the most effort to get it to look the way I wanted. Here is the layout of section 1:

nhoodzoo3.png.090373b3df2b21a78c767b675756feb7.png

I used elements of Z.Z.'s "Staff Trap Tutorial", but the terracing was my idea. Not going in line with Z.Z.'s method, my staff will roam freely as I like to have my 'keepers work multiple exhibits simultaneously to save cash (because I like to earn my money and be frugal with it). The concrete parts are exhibits, the asphalt parts are for guests. Green patches are for flowers.

Here's the zoo with animals, buildings and deco:

nhoodzoo3-2.png.15df03438a6db00f4eb9c64fd5d09cd6.png

So far, my zoo features dragons, penguins, peafowl, black and gold monkeys, caudipteryx, unicorns (please don't mistake me for a girly-girl, I'm a tomboy!), pelicans, turkeys, red foxes, gryphons, giant fleshy blobs, and tigers. I plan to expand with rabbits, mermaids, grizzly bears, fairies (that won't fit in the unicorn exhibit because it is too small already), and servals (when they are released).

I hope you like it so far. I'll try to keep this thread updated.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, Truly_happy said:

Not going in line with Z.Z.'s method, my staff will roam freely as I like to have my 'keepers work multiple exhibits simultaneously to save cash

I often trap staff between 2-3 exhibits if they're small enough.

I like the way you've laid everything out.

I'm a tomboy, too, and I always have several unicorns. They're horses, right?

Truly_happy
1 hour ago, HeatherL said:

They're horses, right?

Actually, if you look at the ancient depictions of unicorns, they seem more like deer: cloven hooves, horns, white fur (like the white stag), etc. But, if you want to call them horses, go ahead! Who cares? :fantasysmiley: (Guests love them, anyway.)

Okay, time for more pictures.

nhoodzoo3-3.png.833ffd6d30fe04c86e19db87b2090290.png

nhoodzoo3-4.png.b4ea621d6313ff73eb611a1601dfa11a.png

I've added nine more exhibits and several more "human" areas. I have LOTS more room, but I'm running out of critters ... Llama for the Sims 2? Sheep for my love of yarn? Stegosaurus just because? Isn't there a triceratops you can unlock with a cheat? I'm still waiting for that serval ... but patiently. :whistling_smiley_by_broni123:

• Love 2

Truly_happy

Hahaha! Why didn't anyone tell me that Khaydar already made a serval? :animated-smileys-laughing-273: I also found out how to acquire the triceratops. :)

• Haha 1

Savannahjan

Such a great layout, nice work TH.  :clap:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Truly_happy said:

Actually, if you look at the ancient depictions of unicorns, they seem more like deer: cloven hooves, horns, white fur (like the white stag), etc. But, if you want to call them horses, go ahead! Who cares?

You are absolutely right. I'm just used to the way they're depicted in the more modern fantasy culture-including Zoo Tycoon!  Most people don't even know about the deer-type and give me funny looks when I mention it.  I knew there was a reason I liked you!  Extra brownies all around! :cakesmileyn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truly_happy

Oh, wait ... Hawkkeye's not making a serval, he's making a civet. Oops.

Anyway, I've done a lot with the zoo over the past few days. I don't know how many exhibits I've changed or added ...

nhoodzoo3-5.png.515bbeb7410afeb8237546fa649ba196.png

nhoodzoo3-6.png.88fd45188990a9ad58424d21520a8347.png

Gotta love those little pumpkin fellas. ;) What you can't see are Asian elephants, gastornises, black panthers, anteaters, giant armadillos, white-tailed deer, a grizzly bear, Mexican wolves, a serval, silky bantams and watusis. No fairies. I'm a money hoarder who likes my zoo to make a profit each month and a couple of 6,000 dollar animals seems like too much with over 14k dollars in employee wages to compensate for. :faint2:

This might be it, I don't know. I'm very happy with this incarnation of the zoo. I've never, while playing this map, reached the edges, so I might shoot for that. We'll see.

• Love 2