Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• ZKH
    • kenny
    • pukkie

T-Rex Award Question for players.

Fern

Jay is fixing this and would like some opinions. Hopefully I have found all the bits from various pms.

I created a T-rex award and tested it. It gives an award for the first T-rex "young" in an exhibit. It counts eggs as "young". This is probably similar to what ZA did, although mine is not a hack. But I am going to do more experimenting because ZT's award message says "given this award for having a T. rex egg laid in your zoo". I do not consider putting an egg in an exhibit as being the same as having the "egg laid". So the experimenting will see if I can make an award for having the "egg laid". But that experimenting will not be tonight. But if I can't make that happen, I could release what I did.

The T-rex one is the more difficult one because of the "egg laid" wording in ZT's message. I am planning on each being in their own ztd. That way people can decide on their own what combination they want. These versions are not hacks.

The other way of triggering the t-rex egg award also worked when placing the egg. The ZT award message is the following:

Tyrannosaurus rex Birth - Gold Rex. You were given this award for having a T. rex egg laid in your zoo. This award came with a cash bonus of $100,000.

I do not see a way to have the award actually triggered by having the egg "laid". I could have the award triggered by placing the egg. That is probably the way ZA is doing it. Or I could have the award triggered by having an egg, a female adult, and a male adult at the same time. That still is not the same as having the egg "laid", since the egg could be placed manually when the zoo already has adults, and the adults and egg might not even be in the same exhibit. But that is probably the closest to having the egg "laid", and in practice might typically be triggered by having the egg "laid", since it might be unlikely that a user would place an egg when there are already adults. Which approach should I use?

Also, it is possible to trigger it by the t-rex ID or trigger it by the t-rex genus, which would allow it to be triggered by user made animals that have the t-rex genus. Should I use the t-rex ID, or the t-rex genus?

Finally, it is possible to have this be a hack or not a hack. Being a hack, there might be scenarios or freeform maps that do not have it turned on, although I did not actually check. With it not being a hack, it probably would work for any scenario or freeform map. Should it be a hack, or not a hack?

Also, it would be possible to change the award message in the override dll. Should the award message be changed?

The dll message could be changed to remove "laid" and to say whatever is decided as the trigger for the award. If it is just having an egg in the zoo, then it could say "You were given this award for having a T. rex egg in your zoo.". If it is having the adults and an egg, then it could say "You were given this award for having an adult male T. rex, adult female T. rex, and a T. rex egg in your zoo at the same time."

45 minutes ago, Fern said:

I do not see a way to have the award actually triggered by having the egg "laid".

If this is not possible as a trigger, I think I would go with having 2 adults and an egg at the same time.

Same here, a pair of T-Rex and the egg.  I would vote for T-Rex ID  since, I assume, it would be given only once and it is a challenge to get them to breed.  I am good either way on hack, not hack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...