• Total Members
    • Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• pdn

Health Award Question for players

Fern

Another thing Jay is fixing.  And he has questions again. He can definitely do the first choice but he only believes he can do the second choice, since he hasn't actually attempted to do that choice. It might also be worth mentioning that no money is given for accomplishing it. That will not change.

I did more experimenting with the my health award for ZT. The test for number of sick animals is how many there are when the test occurs and not cumulative. The way I tested it was to use the Basic Grass Map (Small). I paused the game to create an exhibit with the iron bar fence. I put a tile of salt water in the exhibit at the gate, so that staff could not get in, although I did not hire any zookeepers anyway. I put 7 pairs of zebras in the exhibit, even though the exhibit was not large enough for that many. I intentionally did not make the exhibit suitable in any way. Then I unpaused. The zebras had 0 suitability. They got to 0 happiness quickly. Their hunger level slowly went down to 0. The animal list screen did not consider them to be hungry until it got down to 0, even though the hunger level was red before then. After a little while longer, the health started going down. Eventually the animal list registered them as sick, but a a level that was between 0 health and when the health first turned red. This whole process took nearly 4 game months. There was also a lot of poo by then. When there were at least 3 sick, I paused the game. I then added 7 zookeepers near the sick animals. Then I made the exhibit completely suitable. Then I unpaused the game. Apparently ZT will only have 2 zookeepers working in an exhibit, even if more are assigned to the exhibit. So the first 2 zookeepers stayed in the exhibit, and all of the others left the exhibit and never went back in. The 2 that remained first added food, then took care of the sick animals, then took care of the poo. Although they went near the sick animal to heal them when they could, they would heal them from a distance if they couldn't get next to them, at least in the exhibit I had. It took nearly another game month for the 2 zookeepers to take care of everything. My health award eventually triggered, since there were no sick animals at the time it checked.

When the health award is triggered, the pop-up window gave: Congratulations! You have been awarded the "Outstanding Animal Health Plaque," for having less than 3 sick animals in your zoo at the end of the first year.

The name of the award in the award stats screen is: Outstanding Animal Health Plaque

The tooltip of the award in the award stats screen is: Outstanding Animal Health Plaque. You were given this award for having less than three sick animals in your zoo at the end of the first year.

Should I give the award if there are less than 3 sick animals on January 1 of game year 2, or should I only give the award if there was never more than 2 sick animals at any time during the first game year?

Z.Z.

IMO if the award is only given if there were never more than 2 sick animals at any time, the award would hardly ever be given, because animals get sick regularly.

So less than 3 animals sick on January 1st of year 2 would be more achievable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...