• Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Goosifer
    • a1236gh

config.ztd

damselfly

Is there a way to open the config.ztd file and edit it? I read where you can open it with winzip or similar type app. and go to the file: economy and open that with word or notepad and change the salaries of the keepers, etc and also edit the price you receive for zoopoo recycling.

I opened the config.ztd with IZARC, opened economy with notepad and made the changes but they don't show up in the game. Well actually what that did was set their salaries to zero. I wanted to raise the salaries of the keepers, etc. I mean who could live on 800 bucks a month? I had put the keepers salary up to 2500.00.

I'm a total idiot and can't figure out how to merge the config.ztd file back into one file...does that make sense?

I know I did something wrong. Blah!

Should I be doing it differently? I did save it after the changes.

Also on a similar note: is there a way to edit the duties of the staff so that the maintenance not only does the trash but sweeps the poo? I may be nuts but I don't like my keepers raking poo. :tongue:

You just might be LOL for in ZT1 it is the only thing they seem to do exept for the occasional helaing on animals the perform :elkgrin:

Do you want to make them scenery only? :uglyhammer: That is so sad for you still do have to pay them

So they better work for it as well

And besides that, the maintainence are having a hard time keeping up with broken fences too I bet your zoo will get real dirty getting them to also rake up poo

For what you want there is no way to change what types of tasks a staff member does. That is built into the program itself and is not part of the configuration.

That salary information in economy.cfg was only for the original ZT. In the expansions, they moved that information to the individual staff ".ai" files.

Personally I would be reluctant to change the files in case I inadvertantly messed up the game.

Ah okay, I see where it would be in the ai files. I figured it might be. Anyway now all my keepers, etc work for nothing so it's okay. I, myself wouldn't rake poo and feed animals for 800 bucks a month. Good grief! Thanks all for the info! I'll leave well enough alone with the game.