• pukkie
    • MsOnary
    • Luz21
    • Graweu
    • Forester_Sk

I just signed up. and this is my 1st zoo's entrance

Guest Ambient music

Guest Ambient music

hi everyone, say hello from the south korea!

i signed up today. so there's not much things going on in my 1st zoo.

but i'm seeking advice here.

how to put buildings naturally.

you know, harmonize with other stuff..!

any know how will be really helpful.

thank you!

[sorry for my short english.] 

Zoo003.jpg

Zoo004.jpg

Zoo006.jpg

This is amazing! I see several things that I do regularly. I always sink my dino/stone age exhibits and build raised overlooks into them. Sometimes I sink or raise courtyards and statues. Other than that, I really don't play with elevation very much. I never thought to use the frozen waterfall fences to line the cliff faces. That looks great!

I love what you did with the park area and the terracing. And I'm going to have to steal your beautiful moat and bridge idea.

So far as buildings go, I like to lay out the paths  and basic exhibits in a grid pattern. Then I designate areas at regular intervals at one end of the exhibit "blocks" for restaurants and attractions. I try to cluster them in a way that feels comfortable and add a statue or fountain, benches and flowerbeds. If you place restaurants fairly regularly, you don't need restrooms or stands since the restaurants take care of all of those needs for the guests. You also won't need to have extra maintenance people to take care of the trash that the stands generate. I personally don't like the way the stands look, a cluster of them seems very messy to me.

• Like 1

Z.Z.

Welcome to Tek Ambient Music! :D

Your English is fine dear, and considering that its the only language I know how to speak, you are far ahead of me in the language department. :)

Everything Heather said is excellent advise.

One thing to keep in mind is that guests are happiest when they can see animals, and guests can see 10 tiles (the squares on the ground in the terrain mode and elevation mode).

Placing a restaurant every 20 to 30 tiles will keep all of your guests needs satisfied for the most part.

As a general rule I use a gift shop at the entrance, and four more near the corners of the zoo, perhaps one in the middle if there is room, which generally keeps the guests gift needs happy.

The Animal Houses also add to guest happiness, especially when you upgrade them to the highest choice, example, the Aquarium has three choices of animals to display, the third one from the left give the highest happiness bonus (- - *).

And the attractions also add to guest happiness, things like the Carousel and Animal Theater, etc.

So creating a guest habitat with a restaurant, animal house, and attraction, surrounded by exhibits, should keep your guests very happy.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, we are here to help :)

There are several tutorials for different things such as making marine shows, and if you want to look at zoos that other people have made you can find those in the Screenshots section.

Also, we have clubs that you can join, and the clubs make cooperative zoos for contests and for fun, you could learn a lot there too :)

But whatever you do, have fun and enjoy building your zoos! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Savannahjan

Welcome Ambient Music ! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful zoo entrance ,it is so creative .  Sometimes I feel that buildings look out of place in the natural environment , so I sink them and conceal them with rock walls and foliage.  We have some doors here at Tek that work as restaurants , restrooms or gift shops.  You just place them up against a wall or rock or really anything and it becomes a working building . 

It is so nice to meet you AM.  Please post more of your zoo as it develops .

:hellowelcome:

hello and welcome, Ambient Music! (I like that user name.)

Wow! :drool1:I love your zoo's entrance! The terraced waterfalls cascading down into the mote ... BRILLIANT!

If money is no problem and you don't care about guest happiness, disregard the following: The only thing I see that guests themselves may not like is the park area. The benches are good, but, otherwise, there isn't much there to please them. If you want donations to help fund your developing zoo, you need your guests to remain very, very happy until they leave the zoo. The cherry trees and statues may help, but I think what guests love most are animals. Maybe you should place exhibits in that area instead? But, if aesthetics are the only thing you care for, leave it alone. I think it looks BEAUTIFUL!

I think I know what you mean by making buildings "harmonize" with their surroundings. I have a lot of trouble with that myself. I would surround them with profuse decorations/landscaping and have all of that match. Also, only so many of the in-game buildings look like they belong together, but, for most of them,  you can change the color scheme. A matching color scheme across all such buildings helps to tie things together. If their is a building you need to include but it can't be recolored, maybe base the color scheme of all the other buildings on that one? Just a thought.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ambient music said:

[sorry for my short english.]

Actually, your English is quite good! This is the only problem I think needs addressing--amicably, of course! I think you did not use the word "short" correctly. Something that is short is not long, that is, it has little length. I don't think this could apply to a person's knowledge and command of a foreign language. You may have meant to use the word "poor". Language used poorly will demonstrate a lack of skill and knowledge. I wouldn't quite characterize your English this way, but I think that's what you meant, yes?

On second thought, perhaps you were apologizing for your brevity? In that case, your using only a scant few words to communicate is fine by me. (You may have noticed I have trouble with this myself.)

Edit, for the modertors: Something is wrong with this thing. I capitalized my first word, "hello", as is correct in English, but, when it posted, the 'H' got changed to lowercase. I tried twice to fix it, but it keeps butchering my good English this way. :/ Just noting an annoying little bug here ...