Newest Member
    asd294

• qkr5614
    • goldenfire
    • PollyPocketFan79

Money Hack

Guest desolatefox

Guest desolatefox

Well, I don't know if anyone has figured this out yet, but if they have I haven't seen any posts on it, here or elsewhere, so here we go. One of my big pet peeves regarding ZT2 is that you can't sell off surplus animals. Well, there's a way to do it, at least with the original animals. (I've tried editing user-made animals, to reduce the prices of them, but I keep getting errors when I try to add the edited file back into the .z2f. I may need to take out all the files and put them in a new z2f; I'll try that later.)

Anyway, on to the hack. I found the necessary coding in the .xml file of a building (any building):

<ZTTransaction name="destroy" cost="80" costType="%parent" type="credit" category="recycling" />

This code needs to be added to the .xml file (for example: PeafowlCommon.xml) in .z2f > Entities > Units > Animals > AI

Scroll down until you find the cost of the animal; this is how the .xml should look now that you've added the code:

<ZTEconomyComponent cost="1250">

<ZTTransaction name="build" costType="parent" type="debit" category="animal" />

<ZTTransaction name="destroy" cost="80" costType="%parent" type="credit" category="recycling" />

</ZTEconomyComponent>

cost="80" means you will get 80% back of the original cost to purchase the animal. You will need to add this code to every animal's .xml file. By that I mean Animal.xml only; it does not needed to be added to Animal_old.xml, Animal_young.xml, etc. Of course, you could bump up the percentage to 100 or higher, but I just tested 80 to see if this code would actually work with animals.

You must choose to adopt out the animal to receive the money; releasing the animal into the wild will not work.

Now if I could just figure out how to make Whale Sharks age faster. :whistilin:

• 4 weeks later...

Cool. That's interesting that you can edit files like that and change the way animals work in the game.

Guest desolatefox

I've seen on other forums/download pages that this info was known. Of course NOW I'd find it. Not before I spent ages looking through .z2f files. :laugh: Oh well...

And I have figured out how to make whale sharks age faster, although I'm not sure which of the two edited lines actually did it.

<SharkWhale_Young/>

<Qualifiers_AND inWater_OR_onLand="true" lifespan="GE 5.1"/>

or

<SharkWhale_Adult/>

<Qualifiers_AND inWater_OR_onLand="true" lifespan="GE 7.1"/>

I think I remember seeing someone post that they'd discovered this, but they didn't post the code. =/

Wheee, adult whale sharks! *happy dance* Oh wait, now I'll have to make them bigger exhibits. Oops...

Guest ShenTirag

Haha yes sorry to burst your bubble a little, I just put all the Zoo Admin hacks (including Sell Your Animals and Hacked ATMs) up the other day :P Still, it's good that you worked it out for yourself, I wonder what other interesting and useful hacks you can come up with! :)

Guest desolatefox
Haha yes sorry to burst your bubble a little, I just put all the Zoo Admin hacks (including Sell Your Animals and Hacked ATMs) up the other day :P Still, it's good that you worked it out for yourself, I wonder what other interesting and useful hacks you can come up with! :)

:risitas6ba0: That would be my luck, wouldn't it? ;) Will save others the time of trying to figure it out, at least.

• 5 months later...
Guest Aragorn Girl

I know this thread is a bit old but please can you tell me where they are? Did you put them up here or on Zoo Admin? I've looked all over here and can't find them, and I think Zoo Admin's still having problems. Pleeease, the Panda zoo's killing me. We neeeeds the preciousssssssss!

• 1 month later...
Guest ShenTirag

Hi, yeah I put them up at ZooAdmin (I am a download manager there), but yes, unfortunately we had more trouble. Sorry about that.

• 1 month later...
April_Fool_79

Lucky for me I found this thread! I've never seen your downloads before, Shen, I'm seriously impressed. Right now I'm only collecting hacks, because I want to play the game through with the "official" stuff otherwise, but :whoa: :whoa: !!! I'm gonna download those and hang on to them til I decide to start messing with user made stuff!!

:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: We're not worthy!!! ;)

Can't wait for the stuff at ZA to get back up. I'm especially interested in the move stuff hacks.

• 1 month later...
Tasmanian_tiger

I tried this hack, in the hope of making challenge games a bit more doable, but it isn't working. I have all the expansions, I followed the path desolatefox suggested. I don't think the hacks are up at Zoo Admin, so could anyone help to get this to work?

_edit_ I went through all the .z2f files with numbers and x120_000.z2f is the right one for the peafowl. I'll keep you all updated, since I intend to add this to all animals. Can't wait to play a pleasing challenge game. Ah. :hug2:

Now to get the staff hack to work.

(*I don't know how to make any hacks.. so I'm editing one by one. Sorries..)