Newest Member
    ZooTycooner

• pukkie
    • Goosifer
    • YuYu1997
    • Hawkkeye666
    • johnztmaster
    • HeatherL

Old Fan wants to learn new tricks! (New to Modding Creation)

Guest caribouyou

Guest caribouyou

Thanks for having me here! I'm really new to the world of both Zoo Tycoon Modding and Forums alike but I want to take a stab at this to get things off on the right foot! :) 

I want to get into not just importing the mods into my game from you super talented creators, and while the download and installation process seems really straightforward I would also like to try my hand at creating and animating my own animals to share with you all here at Zoo Tek Phoneix! (and of course enjoy them in my own digital zoo as well.) 
Do you have any recommendations for a newcomer to digital artistry?

P.S. - Everyone's work is so impressive! I can't wait to start adding some new things to the game I've enjoyed for years and years.

:welcome-wagon:

Welcome to the forum, ZT and modding!

This is a super helpful place. I've done a bit of object creation and it is so much fun! I suggest to rummage through the threads of other creators. Re-reading my own thread has been very helpful to me. I don't make animals, though. My greatest strength is pixel art, not 3D modeling. Hawkkeye666 does a lot of animals, but he only uses models made by others. I'm not sure what to tell you if you want to make your own 3D critters. What do you plan on doing?

Anyway, even though I haven't quite broken into animal creation, I did try one animal, a Sesame Street grouch. It was so much fun and easy to do. I suggest you also start with a fictional creature. That way, the form can be simpler than that of a real animal and you don't have to worry so much about accuracy about anything.

Also, I've heard recoloring a ZT animal is a really simple way to create a new animal. You could start that way. (To be honest, I don't download recolors myself, so I only suggest this as a way to break into animal creation.)

Hope you enjoy your time here. :flowerysmile:

Savannahjan

Welcome caribouyou!   We are so happy to have you join us. 

Making new content for ZT is a lot of fun and you can find some general info and tips here Phoenix University.  There are topics that give some detailed steps, along with some tools you will need.    I have never made an animal download, but there are some very talented folks here who can help you get started.  

:hellowelcome:

Z.Z.

Welcome to ZT!

Love to see new people!

If you want to have fun, there are contests to enter, and clubs to join to create zoos with club members too!

IMO best person to ask about making animals is Fern, between her and Jay they make sure everything is perfect.

:D