Newest Member
    Sillything

• riou108
    • redwolf
    • Hawkkeye666

guest vs animal happiness

Guest alatariel

Guest alatariel

I've seen it suggested that guests need to be within 10 tiles of seeing a happy animal, in order to have high guest happiness. I've also seen it suggested that a 1 tile space be left between paths and cages, in order to keep animals from feeling crowded by too many guests.

my question is, how, if the cage is 10 tiles deep, can you keep the guests within viewing range of the animals if they go to the back of the cage? I tried leaving the space between path and cage, and putting short (2-3 tiles) sections of path right next to the cage as "viewing areas", but nobody ever used them. In fact, the guests just seemed to walk right by all the animals and I could never get guest happiness higher than 80-something.

Savannahjan

One thing you can do is to make your exhibits extra long, but not 10 tiles deep, such as a 15 x 7 exhibit. Run the path along the long side, with one tile between the path and the exhibit. Also, something I do when I end up with a deep exhibit is to put the foilage in the back. There are so many neutral downloads now which the animals don't even realize are there, that you can add lots of extra rocks and foliage in the back to force the animals toward the front.

Guest alatariel

I trashed that zoo, since it wasn't working out.

*smacks self on head in the classic "I coulda' had a V8" move* I never thought of making the exhibits longer and less deep, I concentrated on the 10x10 format.