asd294

• PollyPocketFan79
    • (Designer)HENDRIX
    • Goosifer
    • Luz21

Zoo Tycoon Money Cap

The Elementalist

The Elementalist

So last night while I was waiting for my elephant birds to grow to adulthood, I held my fingers on the Shift and 4 keys to activate the money cheat (I had the Fences Forever hack installed), and while I was well into the two billions, my zoo's money went into the negative zone (luckily, I was able to get back on my feet by activating the developer mode). I think I was at around $2,145,000,000 when this happened. It's like the game is punishing you for having too much money.

Cricket

That's interesting.  I've yet to experience that.  However, I've never increased my zoo's money to a value that high. 

Sounds like you may have run up against a money cap that must be hard-coded in the game.

I have my zoo.ini set to a value of $500,000,000 for both starting cash and max cash.  This allows me to build what I need to build without ever running out of funds. 

Be careful with the Fences Forever Hack.  I would hope that you are aware of its limitations.  If not, please see the Note from Jay at the bottom of this page:  Fences Forever Hack

• Like 1

I love the Fences Forever hack. I don't use a whole lot of user made fences and the ones that I do use, I just trap a maintenance worker in the exhibit with the zookeeper/scientist to make sure the fence is taken care of.

• Like 1

The Elementalist
7 hours ago, Cricket said:

Be careful with the Fences Forever Hack.  I would hope that you are aware of its limitations.  If not, please see the Note from Jay at the bottom of this page:  Fences Forever Hack

I am. The only user-created fence that I have is the invisible fence, and it does not break down even without the hack. I don't use it very often, though, except when I make aviary-type exhibits.

• Like 1

It might have been 2147483647.
It's a programming thing and has to do with the way numbers are stored.
You probably hit this limit, after which the number went negative.

integer 4 bytes typical choice for integer -2147483648 to +2147483647
  • Like 2