Sillything
    Newest Member
    Sillything

• LapisLazuli77
    • MsOnary

installing user-made zoos for ZT2

Guest mistakenidentity

Guest vickiesunflower

i dont know about zt2 , but for zt1 you have to put them in the saved games folder. try that. maybe i'm wrong, but its worth a try.

Guest vickiesunflower

ok try this, go to,

COMPUTER

LOCAL DISC C

PROGRAM FILES

MICROSOFT GAMES

ZOOT YCOON OR ZOO TYCOON 2

SAVED GAMES

then save it in there, i am using vista, but its pretty much the same on xp as i was using that before vista.

hope this has helped you a bit.

Guest vickiesunflower

ok try this, go to,

COMPUTER

LOCAL DISC C

PROGRAM FILES

MICROSOFT GAMES

ZOOT YCOON OR ZOO TYCOON 2

SAVED GAMES

then save it in there, i am using vista, but its pretty much the same on xp as i was using that before vista.

hope this has helped you a bit.

The path Sunflowers posted is correct for ZT1.

Here is the path to ZT2's Saved Games folder - for XP look here - C:\Documents and Settings\[computer user name]\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2. For Vista look here - C:\Users\[computer user name]\AppData\roaming\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2. You will need to have the hidden files and folders visible on your computer to see these folders.

For Zoo Tycoon 2 there are two kinds of downloads, one that has both a .z2f file and a .dl file, and one that has only a .z2f file. If the download you are trying to install has only a .z2f file, this should go into the main game folder at c:\program files\microsoft games\zoo tycoon 2.

If your download has two files these should go into you downloads folder. The path for the downloads folder is depending on whether you use Vista or XP. On Vista it is c:\program date\microsoft games\zoo tycoon 2\downloads. For XP it is C:>Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Microsoft games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads. Inside the downloads folder is another folder with a name ending on ...1033. Copy your files to this folder. Then create a new folder inside the 1033 folder with the exact same name (with spaces and underscores) as the .z2f file and move the .z2f file into this folder.

That should make you downloads appear in you game.

Hope that helped :smile: