• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

SadakoRei13
    Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• Hawkkeye666

zt1 vanilla items are missing after putting .ztds in my Updates folder?

wermking

Hi there! 

I downloaded a bunch of different files and put them in the Updates folder. They show up in my game, but a lot of the items that come with the game are missing in freeform mode. (Everything shows up for the scenarios!) 

For example, in a freeform game most of the original rocks are gone! 

1054807340_2022-03-0100_58_08-ZooTycoon.png.97364741ef90be48ba9e6f0099acf688.png

Any ideas?

Z.Z.

You must do the research even in freeform mode to unlock everything.

Also your downloads go in the dlupdates folder, not the updates folder.

Let us know if you still have issues after moving your downloads to the dlupdate folder and completing the research for your zoo.

:)

• Like 1

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I notice that there is no sorting tab at the top of your menu. Do you only have Zoo Tycoon & not Dino Digs & Marine Mania? Maybe someone knows if that would make a difference.

Z.Z.

Oh nice catch Jan!

If it is Classic ZT without MM or DD, there would be no sorting feature, but if they do have MM or DD or CC, then it would be a significant issue to be sure.

I can't find the dlupdates folder...should I just make one? (I couldn't even find a "Microsoft Games" folder in Program Files.)

Just for reference, this is the path of the folder I've placed the downloads in: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\Updates

Also, I just have classic ZT! 

Thank you all for your replies--In the meantime, I will see if I can research the items.

I've always had Complete Collection so I'm not positive, but I think classic ZT didn't have a dlupdates folder & you're just supposed to use the path you listed above.

• 3 weeks later...

The original ZT does not have a dlupdates folder. I think is was created cos people were getting confused with having user made files in with official ones when it came removing files that people did not want.

Also you may have overwritten ingame files depending on how you made the ones pictured above. If you want to get them to cricket or myself, either of us could tell you what may be happening.

• Like 1