SadakoRei13
    Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• SKazoroski
    • Luz21
    • Schlatt99

So...May I request your assistance?

Lelka

So I am making a mod. Well, more of a remake, cause I'm making it based on the ancient mod I have found and giving it better animations and sort.

I'm using APExp 3.2 right now. Yes, not the best tool but it's in my understanding. I currently have one problem.

Animal is completely mute. I used APExp to utilize some sound files, put those sound file and wished for the best, but it didn't work and they're silent when I place them, clicked on them, etc.

I think I should directly edit the .uca file for it, but I don't know where to start...Can anyone guide me?

Z.Z.

I dont make animals, but I do know that for an object to make sound, the uca file needs to be changed to a ucb file in Winrar or a similar program.

I dont know it that will help or not, as i said, i dont make animals.

Perhaps Hawkeye can help, he makes all kinds of animals :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

From Jay: The comment in the topic about renaming ".uca" to ".ucb" is not correct. What she is thinking of is renaming ".ucs" to ".ucb" to get ambient sounds working, like for fountains. Animal sounds are not ambient sounds. I find it best to edit the ".uca" for animal sounds rather than using APExp or APE. There are a number of reasons that animal sounds do not work. So without seeing the file, I cannot give the specific reason. The Uca Editing Guide at ZKL talks about sounds in its "[Sounds] Section" and its "[m\BehaviorSet\...] Sections":

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=116

Z.Z.

Oh! Right, my bad, like I said I dont make animals, so I had no idea. :)