Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Hawkkeye666
    • And 1
    • MinkeyTron9000

cNameID/Animal description/help tooltip Location

LapisLazuli77

LapisLazuli77

So as I'm continuing to work on revising things in Dinosaur Digs, one of my main concerns is updating the tooltips that show up when you hover over their icons in the purchase menu, as well as a few names(Smilodon, Meiolania, and Megatherium). The problem is I don't know where anything relating to cNameID or said tooltips are located, I'm assuming a .dll of some kind but I have no means of opening them.

Z.Z.

Those should actually be in the code.

I dont make animals so Im not sure exactly where in the code they are, but for other items names and descriptions are at the bottom of the code text file.

Z.Z.

Like this:

[D1C4E026]

[Icon]
Icon = objects/D1C4E026/SE/SE
Icon = objects/D1C4E026/SW/SW
Icon = objects/D1C4E026/NW/NW
Icon = objects/D1C4E026/NE/NE

[Member]
foliage

[Characteristics/Integers]
cAutoRotate = 1
cFootprintX = 1
cFootprintY = 1
cHabitat = 9408
cHeight = 1
cHelpID = 7423
cLocation = 9608
cNameID = 19000
cPurchaseCost = 11
cSwims = 1
cUnderwater = 1

[Animations]
idle = idle

[EstheticBonus]
v = 9503
v = 20
v = 9504
v = 20
v = 9505
v = 20
v = 9506
v = 20

[defaultLCID]

LCID = 1033

[Global]
Type = D1C4E026

[1033]
cGeneralInfoFileName = objects/D1C4E026/texts/1033.txt
cLongHelp = Purchase an Arctic Evergreen Bush to please your guests and your arctic animals!
cName = Arctic Evergreen Bush
cTheString = Arctic Evergreen Bush

4 hours ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

So as I'm continuing to work on revising things in Dinosaur Digs, one of my main concerns is updating the tooltips that show up when you hover over their icons in the purchase menu, as well as a few names(Smilodon, Meiolania, and Megatherium). The problem is I don't know where anything relating to cNameID or said tooltips are located, I'm assuming a .dll of some kind but I have no means of opening them.

From Jay: Whenever a change is desired for an animal's messages or characteristics, the intended way to make that change is to create a new version of the animal. That makes it easier for people to choose between versions while in ZT, and makes it easier to swap different versions in and out of ZT. The new animal versions can still link to ZT's graphics and sounds, making the new ".ztd" files small. It is dangerous to change messages in ZT's ".dll" files and should never be done. That has caused a lot of sporadic ZT crashes in the past. Even Blue Fang did not change messages in ZT's ".dll" files. Instead they made ".dll" files override other ".dll" files. That is also dangerous to do indiscreetly, and has also caused a lot of sporadic crashes when people created ".dll" files in the past without understanding all of the ramifications. ZT also has a lower limit for ".dll" files than for user made animals, which makes it even less desirable to change ".dll" files when new ".ztd" files can be created instead.

Z.Z.

Oh, I thought she was making a new animal, I misread what she said.

Yes, messing with in game files is a sure fire way to cause serious issues, even corrupting the game itself.

Not something you want to do to other peoples games.

Much better to make new animals rather than edit in game files.

LapisLazuli77

Yeah, I figured. I really didn't wanna be ripping open the files in search of changing an admittedly small thing, but it was a last resort and I guess it's good that I stopped before I did.

As a side note, does anyone know where the files for the Complete Collection bonus animals are(Mexican gray Wolf, Macrauchenia, etc)?

Are you needing to download them because you don't have CC? In that case Zoo Admin has them.

Or are you looking for them in CC?

LapisLazuli77

I do have Complete Collection.

From Jay: The "bonus animals" are in the Updates folder. But different parts are in different files. And depending on the intent, the answer might be to use APExp 3.2 rather than to look at anything in the Updates folder.

• Like 1