pERAS
    Newest Member
    pERAS

• HeatherL
    • bxdczoo

Ztd's and Uca's...

Guest Caddienoah

Guest Caddienoah

I've downloaded some files from sites. When opened, rather than a ztd file there is a uca file. When I load the file in the game, upon opening the game crashes. When I pull out the uca file, I have no problem. I want to use these files, because of the object or animal, is there something I can do to make the files usable? An example:

dwergnijlpaard-opened it to 7d263231.uca

:unsure:

ZooGrammy

I sure don't know what to tell you. You will have to wait for some one who knows more to come by.

nana_nytowl

Is it a file that you unzipped? Sometimes (and don't know if that the case for this one) the .zip extension just needs to be changed to .ztd.

You could check and try this. If it doesn't work, like Ziggy said you'll have to wait for someone more experienced.

:post-6-1170309992:

genkicoll

What's most likely happened is that someone uploaded their file wrong. When you make changes to a file, you usually have to unzip it. It's the rezipping that's gotten confused. You rezip everything together and then rename it to .ztd. After it's a ztd, you can zip it further so that you can upload it. What probably happened is that they zipped it and forgot to rename it to ztd, and then they uploaded it thinking that it was a zipped ztd. Does that make sense?

Anyway, when you unzipped the file, did you JUST get the uca? There should have been at least one folder in there, too.

An example:

dwergnijlpaard-opened it to 7d263231.uca

:unsure:

Hi Caddie:

If the dwergnijlpaard-7d263231.uca, (dwarf hippopotamus I think), is the file your are talking about,

Zootycoon.nl's copy loaded okay in my game. When you download the file it is not zipped.

It is just the dwergnijlpaard.ZTD, so you can load that file, as is, into the appropriate game folder. :smile:

Dwergnijlpaard ....If you were to unzip it you would find an Animal Folder & the 7d263231.uca

Do you ever feel that sometimes you have to be a Junior Detective to play to this game. :magnifyingglass:

:risitas6ba0: Too funny ZooBunny I do not feel like that but you sure must be creative and technically skilled to get all the items you want on the right place and in the right amount

Some of the Windows versions change the ztd to a zip when you download the file. Just rename your file from dwergnijlpaard.zip to dwergnijlpaard.ztd. Then try it again. There are a number of files that were uploaded to downloads areas as .ztd so this is one of those things to remember.

Sites that have this are .nl, ZKL and there are one or two of animals at Tek that were uploaded this way too.

Guest Caddienoah

Opened file: animal file and 7d2etc. file

Opened animal file: 7d263231 file

Opened that file: 6 files came up: ichippo/ ismhippo / plhippo / texts / y / hippo.pal

It's Greek to me, but does it mean something to someone?

Zoobunny,

To answer your question, it downloaded as a zipped file, logo and all, I did the same thing to it as I do to other zipped files to get to the ztd. file, only no ztd. file.

Fern,

Where do I change it? it downloaded as the title only, on the zipped file logo...if I remember I think it came from ZT.NL from someone else???? Do I remane the uca. to a ztd.? I really wish I could show all of you how it looks on my screen...I've downloaded several files that show up like this and when I open them, and they are like this I usually just delete them...or save it, hoping it works someday.

genkicoll

You're not supposed to be opening the file, Michael.

Change the ORIGINAL download (which should be showing to you as dwergnijlpaard.zip) from .zip to .ztd. Hopefully you can just rename it, but it depends on how your computer is set up. If you have troubles, I'll be happy to help.

I'm sorry Caddie, I probably made it confusing when I said, If you were to unzip it...

In my above post, the underlined word Dwergnijlpaard, is a link to the file at Zootycoon.nl's site.

I'd download a new, clean copy. (You may not be seeing the extentions .zip or .ztd if your version of windows is set to view the files as 'Icons or Tiles'

or your system is set to 'Hide extentions for know file types')

Fern mentioned that some versions of Windows change the ztd to a zip when you download the file, so,

after you save the new dwergnijlpaard file, as Genki said, change dwergnijlpaard.zip to dwergnijlpaard.ztd.

Right click on the file & choose the rename option. You have several friends here willing to help!! :laugh: That's pretty cool!!

@...pukkie, Thanks for the kind words. I'm just one of those stange people who loves to know why things work more than actually using them. :wink: