Sladhued

• HeatherL
    • Hawkkeye666
    • emblybobembly
    • Luz21

downloaded bulidings appear in scenario only

Guest seanclone

genkicoll

Is the building you're talking about the Reptile House, by any chance?

Either way, what building are you having trouble with? There's only a few that need to be researched, and most of us don't use those particular buildings because it can cause game troubles.

Guest seanclone

Every buliding i download. I put the dll file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon and add the ztd file in my updates folder. There are three bulidings that appear in my freeform game a stone cottage restaurant, toilet and burger stand

genkicoll

Do you have current versions of our .dll's? They are found in the Hacks & Utilities section. You need the Fern-Tek-dll and the Phoenix dll. They go in your main Zoo Tycoon folder (not the updates or dlupdates folder).

Guest seanclone

I tried Carnivorous Plant House by Sundance downloaded the dll needed and went moved it into my main folder put the ztd file in my my updates folder but it only appeared in my scenarios :sad: Maybe i need to complele the scenario?

That is weird as I did a test for you just a minute ago I also placed the ZTD file in Updates and it did show up in the building menu.

I did took it out though for I always place all my downloads in the DLupdatesfolder.

Now in case you have the Complete Collection I'd suggest you do the same just to see what happens if you do.

I so hope it works for playing with this building sure tributes to so much more ZooTycoon Fun It's just one of the greatest things

in User Created Buildings

genkicoll

It shouldn't make a difference whether it's in your Updates folder or your dlupdates folder, as far as working goes. If you have a dlupdates folder (not available with the original version of ZT), it's preferable to use it instead of the Updates folder, as this will help you manage and keep track of which items are official and which come with the game.

I will direct fern to this thread, as if you have the correct .dll files installed in the main ZT folder, the buildings should be working. However, if it's a building by Sundance, you may not have the right .dll. Try downloading the site .dll from Zoo Keeper's Lounge and try again!

I haven't a clue as to why. Even without the dll the building would still work just without name and tooltips. All user made buildings have a freeform file which enables them to be seen at the beginning of the game.