Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• TRIFORCE89
    • Hawkkeye666
    • palanix77

Best place to extract graphics

Ryno

Where or what game is the best to extract images from, I've been trying to install Wildlife park but it doesnt want to work for some reason. and i've tried to make my own and am rubbish at it lol

Anyone suggest places or games?

Thanks

genkicoll

I have Wildlife Park and plan to extract some items, plus most of the items have already been done by assorted people, including designers here at Tek. I have some other games I got for my birthday - ones I asked for specifically because they're either skewed perfectly to the ZT grid, or ones that nearly are that I can adjust to fit. A lot of designers like YR and TP use Roller Coaster Tycoon, as you can build custom items with all four views.

I have noticed alot of wildlife park graphics in ZT, though mine wont work so thats out the window anyhow, i have RCT cant remember which one it is.

i dont get what excatly you mean though, when you say

"A lot of designers like YR and TP use Roller Coaster Tycoon, as you can build custom items with all four views."

I know you can rotate in RCT but did you mean you can make new graphics for the game with all 4 views? or just rotate in the game to get all 4 views?

Sorry its late (12.30am) and am tired so lets blame it on that lol

genkicoll

Mmm, I don't know how it works exactly, we'll have to hope Wendy or Donna sees this thread :tongue:

Hi Ryno,

I have RCT 2 Triple Thrill which is RCT 2 plus Time Twisters and Wacky Worlds expansions. You remember how in the game you have wall and roof elements and then can add windows etc for making buildings. Well that's how I make a lot of the buildings I have done. If you check out the OZ stuff at ZA pretty well all of it is conversions from stuff made for RCT. When I discovered all the great things that players of RCT had made to enhance RCT I contacted all the designers who's creations I liked and used in RCT and asked their permission to convert their creations for use in ZT. The grid used in RCT is the same as in ZT and the map turns for the 4 directions needed so it is a perfect match pretty well for ZT.

As for other games I have used images from some 3d games and online games. You just have to look to see if it's something you think you can work with and maniplulate to fit in with ZT. The animated torch I released at ZTUF for their birthday last year came form the online game of Guild Wars. Some games only provide 1 view so doesn't always look good for ZT when the other 2 aren't available but if you can manipulate and use a clone tool in your graphics programe to clone a small area of an image and repeat if to cover say a door and window on the fron view you can create the rear views easily.

Right now hubby and I are playing World of Warcraft and there are things I've seen that I could make stuff for ZT from. Some things like some plants and trees, lamps, fountains etc you can get away with using 1 view so it makes it easy to take a screenshot of it and edit it. When a game does not have screenshot abilities I use a little program called Fraps. it allows me to take screenshots and save to a folder I choose so I don't alwys have to exit a game when using print screen which can take forever when you are image hunt like the ones I do...lol

Fraps is a free download that you can use free with limited alilities or you can pay for a licence and use more features. I just use the free version. I have found it doesn't work with all games but it works with most I have tried it on.

So just go through your games you already have and see what you think might look good in ZT and have fun. That's what I do.

Thanks YR :)

I have RCT 2 but i cant remember the wall and roof thing were you can add windows and doors etc, would that be in the expansion?

I will have to reinstall it to have a look..

I will go through the games i have though thats not many lol for the PC,

I must be blind i cant seem to find the OZ items you mentioned

Take a look through this topic HERE The downloads are scattered throughout the story.

Enjoy

Thanks its looks great :)

So was this build your own buildings thingy in the normal RCT2 or do i need the expansions?

Guest Caddienoah

Yellowrose,

Where does one find "Fraps"? Is it pretty much self explanitory, or does one need to read a tutorial?

Caddy - You can download Fraps HERE

Once you insatall it just click on the screenshots tab. You can change the path of the folder you want to save screens to and change the hot key used to take screenshots.

Ryno

the OZ stuff was made by converting an expansion that was made for RCT2 by MidwestboyinLA from RCT*Mart. You can find his downloads at the mart HERE?

You'll have to register to download but you'll find some of the best user created stuff at the Mart that is available on the net. Don't forget to PM or email the designers for permission to use their files. I found they are real picky about that even more so then some ZT designers. I had to send screenshots of what I wanted to do before I got permission because there are quite a few RCT players who don't know about or don't play ZT.