• LapisLazuli77
    • Hawkkeye666

Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection

genkicoll

genkicoll

This is from the official Zoo Tycoon site:

ZOO NEWS - JUNE 19, 2008

Ultimate Zoo News!

Zoo Tycoon® 2: Ultimate Collection, coming this fall, delivers the ultimate zoo simulation experience! Care for amazing animals and create cool exhibits, manage zoo staff and finances, and attract and thrill guests to become the ultimate zoo tycoon. Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection combines the award-winning fun of Zoo Tycoon 2 and all the expansion packs—Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals, Zoo Tycoon 2: Marine Mania®, Zoo Tycoon 2: African Adventure and Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species. Make way for more than 100 awesome animals and hundreds of zoo-themed objects. Capture dinos, create marine shows, care for endangered species, and take on challenges and scenarios to unlock unique animals. It’s the ultimate zoo … all at an amazing value!

Well I think this pretty much confirms that there will be no more ZT2 expansion packs, that with the "biggest ZT2 expansion pack EVER!" catchphrase for EA, the pure lack of interesting animals to add, the outdated graphics and blue fang's foray into other game series. Ah well, custom content is still being released.

Well maybe there will be a zoo tycoon 3 Bringing back the good stuff of 1 that was left out of 2 and adding it to the best parts of 2.

Savannahjan

I hope they will keep up the series, but probably not. Personally, like Alicia, I would love to see some features of each one in a new game. I love the 2D model so much more, but it would be nice to have the many different views available in ZT2. Plus not having to stick to the square slated grid would be nice, some rounded edges would make such a big difference. Just a dream, but a nice dream.

They're not giving up with the zoo tycoon franchise just yet, I read somewhere that blue fang was starting to make a wii version of the game. Zoo tycoon 3 would be nice (I made a list a while ago listing some of the features they could put in) but I doubt it will come out in a while, since blue fang is focusing on other things. Still, there's always wildlife park 2...