Thorbjc

• MsOnary
    • Graweu
    • TheOneCalledWaffle
    • Hawkkeye666

Hunger? Engery? How Much?

fountain

:adore:

I don't know if this is the correct forum but here goes.

Many user created buildings e.g. Alpine Lodge, Resort Cottage have a statement in descriptions as a place to relax and get something to eat.

It would be great include to how much energy is restored and how much hunger is relieved. If the building does not in game reality reduce hunger and increase energy, then the descriptions should be revised. For example, "Building provides psychological lift but no physical hunger or engery benefit." :smilies-10997:

With so many "relax and munch" buildings are restaurants even needed in a small zoo?

fountain

The resort cottage was a new idea at the time. Done by Jane and Jay. It is a place for peeps to take food bought at stands and eat there rather than find a bench or picnic table. Also it was designed to remove litter so there would be no need for a rubbish bin. Since peeps sit and eat it was also designed that they would get an increase in energy from being there.

The descriptions with buildings done by Jay, Jane and myself are all correct.

Blue Fang did not give percentages. For example when a peeps consumes a drink they have an increase in the need to find a bathroom. Some foods require an increase in the need for a drink.

Considering how many user made buildings are out there and how few of us can actually read the files.......... Well most would rather create new ones rather than look into the older ones. Also BF coded in a certain amount of randomness with peeps behaviour so things don't always work the way you want.

With so many "relax and munch" buildings are restaurants even needed in a small zoo?
They need to buy the food to "munch" so you would still need stands.

Many of these were created to fit in with themes.

Sometimes an attraction where one might sit for a while will also increase peeps energy. Depends who coded it.

The resort cottage was a new idea at the time. Done by Jane and Jay. It is a place for peeps to take food bought at stands and eat there rather than find a bench or picnic table. Also it was designed to remove litter so there would be no need for a rubbish bin. Since peeps sit and eat it was also designed that they would get an increase in energy from being there.

The descriptions with buildings done by Jay, Jane and myself are all correct.

Blue Fang did not give percentages. For example when a peeps consumes a drink they have an increase in the need to find a bathroom. Some foods require an increase in the need for a drink.

Considering how many user made buildings are out there and how few of us can actually read the files.......... Well most would rather create new ones rather than look into the older ones. Also BF coded in a certain amount of randomness with peeps behaviour so things don't always work the way you want.

They need to buy the food to "munch" so you would still need stands.

Many of these were created to fit in with themes.

Sometimes an attraction where one might sit for a while will also increase peeps energy. Depends who coded it.

:garden: Thanks! That clears up my query quite a bit. I can design better zoos fewer trash cans --I was putting trash cans outside the UC buildings-- and plan for better guest traffic flow.

Providing a "sit and eat" building sounds like it eliminates the worry of guests "sticking" to the benches as well as complimenting zoo beauty theme.

fountain

:garden: Thanks! That clears up my query quite a bit. I can design better zoos fewer trash cans --I was putting trash cans outside the UC buildings-- and plan for better guest traffic flow.

Providing a "sit and eat" building sounds like it eliminates the worry of guests "sticking" to the benches as well as complimenting zoo beauty theme.

fountain

Only food and drink stands require seats and rubbish bins. Restaurants, attractions and gift shops do not. Guests only get stuck on user seating because people are using more than one guest hack or it has been incorrectly configured.

And nicely placed benches and picnic tables can compliment a zoo.