asd294

• MarkBL20
    • And 1
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • MaastrichianFan

Why can I only add 317 mods?

Guest Froggy_Frog

Guest Froggy_Frog

Okay, so I found something weird with the game, and am unsure if this is just me. If I add more than 317 mods, the game starts deleting vanilla content. Removing mods and going back to 317 or less puts the items back. If I go over 330 mods the game crashes, no matter what. I've tested this multiple times, and the mod itself doesn't matter. So, is this an intended feature? Or is my game just weird?

Cricket

There are known limits to the game.  The link Heather posted is a must-read for you to understand these limits.  Be sure and check it out when you can. 

• Like 1

Zarawatto

If your dlupdate folder has 300 or more files, the game won't start... The same if you have an excedent of .dll files (I barely remember the number, not sure if the limit is 70)... That's why I learnt how to merge them in order to save space... Also, menus hold a limit of 3,000 items 🤔🤔

Z.Z.

Zarawatto is correct.

You can only have 300 download files in your dlupdate folder, but those files can be combined files.

You may only have 3000 items in the menus though, so you will want to run a count of the menu items before adding downloads, then make sure your downloads dont take that number above 3000.