ZooTycooner
    Newest Member
    ZooTycooner

• LapisLazuli77
    • Fern
    • cadaverine

Apodemus' Projects

Apodemus

I'm currently converting Zoo Tycoon class definitions into .NET classes. I call it ZooTycoon.NET.
https://github.com/ZtModArchive/ZooTycoon.NET

licence-anti--fascist-blue contributions-welcome-brightgreen.svg?st badge.svg 252ee8e448c14dd5818a6ff0c71b2b7e

ztnet-logo.png

It started with the idea of a Zoo Tycoon REST API that would function similarily to PokéAPI, which contains data about Pokémon. I then realised I had to turn Zoo Tycoon animals into classes and it kinda grew into its own thing.

Once this thing is finished I will publish it as a NuGet package and you'll be able to use Zoo Tycoon animals in any .NET Core 6 project.

It's open-source and contributions are welcome.

It contains several .NET projects:

ZooTycoon.NET - Contains entity definitions

ZooTycoon.NET.CompleteCollection - Contains data from Complete Collection such as all the IDs of animals.

ZooTycoon.NET.Helpers - Contains helper classes to bundle Entities together to form a similar structure as the .ai files with multiple subtypes in a single file.

ZooTycoon.NET.Helpers.Tests - Unit tests for the helper classes.

ZooTycoon.NET.Mapping - TBA, will contain classes which should be able to map .NET classes to mod files and vice versa. Also perhaps JSON and XML serialisation.

ZooTycoon:NET.Mapping.Tests - Unit tests for mapping classes

• Like 2

Zarawatto

I tried reading about it but I'm still not sure what are those, nor how they work... Would you kindly explain for us, please? 😸😸

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

I tried reading about it but I'm still not sure what are those, nor how they work... Would you kindly explain for us, please? 😸😸

I mentioned a lot of things, could you specify the things that are unclear?

• Like 1

Zarawatto
1 hour ago, Apodemus said:

I mentioned a lot of things, could you specify the things that are unclear?

Let's start from basics... What are .NET classes? 🙀🙀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zarawatto said:

Let's start from basics... What are .NET classes? 🙀🙀

In programming, a class is more or less a template from which you can make data structures which are also known as objects.

.NET, also known as .NET Core, is a cross-platform software framework made by Microsoft. Which allows you to write code in for example C#, F# or Visual Basic and these different languages all make use of the same framework and can be used together.

So to make a .NET class, basically is making a data template which can be used by all languages supported by .NET.

And what can you do with .NET? Make console apps, desktop apps, mobile apps, Windows services, Microsoft Azure functions, web servers, Unity games, MonoGame Framework games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zarawatto

Thanks... I get it now ♡ Nice explaination

Now... What are you planning with this project? Might be possible turning ZT supportable on mobile? 🤔🤔

11 minutes ago, Zarawatto said:

Thanks... I get it now ♡ Nice explaination

Now... What are you planning with this project? Might be possible turning ZT supportable on mobile? 🤔🤔

My original idea was to make a REST API to just get data about Zoo Tycoon animals, but this project kinda became its own standalone thing.

You could make for example a mod building tool for example (and I know there are already quite a few out there) or a Zoo Tycoon clone for different platforms.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...