Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Luz21
    • Goosifer
    • Hawkkeye666

Megamap file not working

The_sagebrush_kid

The_sagebrush_kid

After a few years of ill health, I am finally back anew. It's been a while since I played (a good year) So It's like learning over for me.

So, I installed the game and started to add a couple of my favorite user-created Downloads. But oddly my favorite  Megamap.zoo  by Wildcat is not working. It always used to, and I never had a problem with it. It was my favorite map to use. Any idea why it would not be working?? Should it now be going in the MAPS folder?? Is there a new Lang I need to add??? Really bummed out its not showing up in my map options.

I know of no megamap by wildcat. Maybe that is who you got it from.

There were a couple I do know of.

Mega Map by Ninjara

mega map by DJ Pluffs

I am picking you have the latter - which requires a dll. It was hosted here at one point I think. I can search it out and have Jay check it out. However he will not be online for a couple of days as his air conditioning has broken and he is not will to get on the computer until it is.

Could you pm your one to me please.

The_sagebrush_kid
On 9/15/2022 at 12:50 AM, Fern said:

I know of no megamap by wildcat. Maybe that is who you got it from.

There were a couple I do know of.

Mega Map by Ninjara

mega map by DJ Pluffs

I am picking you have the latter - which requires a dll. It was hosted here at one point I think. I can search it out and have Jay check it out. However he will not be online for a couple of days as his air conditioning has broken and he is not will to get on the computer until it is.

Could you pm your one to me please.

Thanks Fern. I will have to look for the two you talk about. But yeah, the Mega map I have is said it was by Wildcat. Or maybe It was made by Ninjara or DJ and Wildcat posted it. 

At the same time, I am having issues with various saved creations from this group not showing up in game that I have always used. So I am sure I need the latest Lang Dll. Come to think of it, I am wondering if I am putting the Lang script in the wrong folder????   

Cricket
3 hours ago, The_sagebrush_kid said:

wondering if I am putting the Lang script in the wrong folder???? 

The .dll files go in the ZT root directory.  So if you have them in the dlupdate folder, move them one level up to ZT's root directory. That should help.  :great1:

13 hours ago, The_sagebrush_kid said:

At the same time, I am having issues with various saved creations from this group not showing up in game that I have always used. So I am sure I need the latest Lang Dll. Come to think of it, I am wondering if I am putting the Lang script in the wrong folder????   

Maybe you have too many animals. While there is a ztd limit there are also limits on how many things can appear in each menu. In one of the contests recently we saw this in action with several things not showing in the menu because we had gone over the scenery limit. There are certainly enough animals around now to go over the animal menu limit. New user animals do not require a new dll so that would not be the reason.

The_sagebrush_kid
21 hours ago, Fern said:

Maybe you have too many animals. While there is a ztd limit there are also limits on how many things can appear in each menu. In one of the contests recently we saw this in action with several things not showing in the menu because we had gone over the scenery limit. There are certainly enough animals around now to go over the animal menu limit. New user animals do not require a new dll so that would not be the reason.

Well, it could not be limit because the Mega Map was the only thing I put into game. Maybe I DID put it in the wrong folder. Again I have not played in over a year and forgot some of the old instructions. It's bad enough I cannot play Planet Zoo but now I am upset that I may not be able to play even the older games. I will reload the game and try again tomorrow. 

Welcome back!

I was gone for close to 2 years and also having to relearn and update langs, etc. And I find I put a few things in the wrong folders those years ago.

Tek has many delightful objects and animals now that I am still getting to know.

Looking forward to your screenshots.