• Total Members
    • Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• (Designer)HENDRIX

Combining .ztd Files on Mac?

emblybobembly

I'm having issues getting my own combined .ztds to work. When I create them (using the proper folder structure of object and scenery>other), I use the basic compress feature on right-click to create a .zip file, and I then change the extension to .ztd, plop it in my dlupdate folder, start up the game and....nothing is there. The user-made objects do not appear in game (game runs fine), and it even seems to take precedence over the original individual .ztd files because I've tried putting both in at the same time just to experiment. 

I'm kinda betting its just the fact that a modern Mac just processes files so wildly differently from a 2002 Microsoft machine that makes ZT unable to read my stuff. If anyone has any recommendations for apps that would be fantastic, since I can only think of getting an emulator or dual boot just to zip and unzip files, which seems like hilarious overkill.

I'm using macOS Catalina v10.15.7

There are some older user made files which were done in the original Zoot that cause problems - crashing I think. I would suggest you try the older files individually first before combining them. Also I think I heard somewhere that some versions of zip programs do not create ztds that work. Use 7Zip and set it up the way that Jay indicates over at ZKL.

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1983

Thanks for the help! Using an actual archiving program instead of the built-in archiving on my mac turned out to be the solution. A whole new world of decorating zoos is now open to me 

• Like 1