Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Goosifer
    • HeatherL
    • (Designer)HENDRIX

Zoo Smack and Cry sorta

fountain

Just finished City Needs Help the Xmas 2022 zoo exhibits 4 January 2023. Never used northern mountain terrain non-North American birds before. When I tried a rocky, steep small map (Freeform Death Map) I was hit "There have been complaints about the poor exhibit and treatment of animal..." thus no more adoption.  I was only on first exhibit and cut off communication from animal. The zoo was still in Jan year 1 and smack! --Never got that message before! Disheartening! So I used easy sand map and learned from building exhibits there plus putting in gift and restaurant to help distract guests while I figured out first two exhibits. It worked.

2 days ago I kill an ant on my desk and another on the banister. Today saw first stink bug of 2023 in my bathroom. Yesterday's high was 61. Apple trees need dormancy not hungry chewing bugs.

Savannahjan

It's yo-yo weather here too, fountain.  I, too, removed a little stink bug outside that I found just idling on the TV remote.  Almost all our birds were nowhere to be found, but now some are returning, thankfully.  I saw two male bluebirds on the water dish the day before all the heavy rains.  Watching birds always brings me great comfort, so I'm really happy to see them.  Had a cute little yellow-rumped warbler at both the feeder and the water dish; he's such a darling little thing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fountain said:

I was hit "There have been complaints about the poor exhibit and treatment of animal..." thus no more adoption. 

I have had that. Once you get the exhibit right you get access back to other animals. See if DD has additional on that animal or ask me if it is not done there yet.

• Thanks 1

I still cannot access Designer's Guild or the Download Directory.  I don't think there has been a change in  the firewall set up here but I will ask my son since he set it up.

I did succeed with the birds in a sand based zoo building "cliffs and hills" in each exhibit which usually ends with "not enough".  The exhibits are usually 92%+ so I'm satisfied.  Sometimes the animals start breeding before I finish the exhibit. Not often though.