asd294

• (Designer)HENDRIX
    • Fern
    • (Designer)Z.Z.
    • HeatherL

Ridiculously silly but potentially hysterical

Railroadersbrat

Railroadersbrat

I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right spot, if I'm not, please forgive me, but I was just working on a new zoo and I had an idea that was so funny to me that I woke my dogs up because I was laughing so hard and loud.

We have not seen any new cat toys.  Hear me out.

I realize that this may seem like a domesticated cat fetish, but cardboard boxes.  If you look on the Internet or even YouTube and type in 'cats in boxes', you're going to find that not only do our little purring, furry overlords enjoy a good box, but so do the big cats.  I've seen a lot of pictures with leopards and jaguars just sitting in a box (if it fits, I sits!).  I've seen a couple lions and tigers love them, too.

I realize that the amount of work to get each cat to actually sit in a box if it's in their exhibit would be enormous, that's not what I'm suggesting.  A simple object that you can place in their exhibit that looks like a cardboard box that they can walk in and out of.  Eventually, one of them would decide to 'sit' in the box based on placement of the box, I think would be absolutely hysterical to see.  Or maybe create the box as a shelter?

The other idea that I had was balls of yarn.  Again, I know the work to get the cat to actually play with it would be hard to do for all cats, but just a simple object that can sit in the exhibit to represent the yarn.  Both the box and the yarn could maybe boost happiness and health, too, or would that be cat programming?

Anyway, that's my idea.  I couldn't get that image out of my head and I felt that we have so many talented designers on here that someone might want to pick this one up and work on it.

• Haha 1

Savannahjan

I love these ideas!  Yes, a box could be programmed to a shelter, but you wouldn't actually see them in the box; they would disappear into it.  But still, that would be so cool.  And the yarn could easy to put in the game, it could even be slightly animated to roll a little bit.  I've never made an animal 'toy' so don't know what would be involved in creating one.  But both of these would be a lot of fun.

Railroadersbrat
1 hour ago, Savannahjan said:

I love these ideas!  Yes, a box could be programmed to a shelter, but you wouldn't actually see them in the box; they would disappear into it.  But still, that would be so cool.  And the yarn could easy to put in the game, it could even be slightly animated to roll a little bit.  I've never made an animal 'toy' so don't know what would be involved in creating one.  But both of these would be a lot of fun.

I don't know how many times I was ninja attacked by my cats when I would walk by a box, thinking it was empty and finding out the hard way that nope! - cat was in the box.  Also don't know how many times I thought they were trying to kill me off and make it look like an accident when I would walk by a box and one of their (MY) balls of yarn would go shooting out of it at Mach 4 and I'd have to do some fancy dancing to avoid it or risk breaking my neck - LOL!  An empty box on its side and a ball of yarn shooting out of it would probably be the death of me, but considering some of the animation I've seen, I think it's completely doable.  Make it a neutral object so no decrease in happiness and every feline exhibit could have it.

I'm still dying laughing here, LOL! :animated-smileys-laughing-273:

• Haha 2

OOH the dreaded box with feet!  Cats are just like kids - ignore the toys and go straight for the box or sack!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4