asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• HeatherL
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • (Designer)HENDRIX

Game Crashes download by download check

fountain

So the only way to resolve game crashes is to empty the dulupdate folder then put in each dl in a cumulative list until it crashes? 

So I would have to rebuild my Contest zoo from scratch because will not be remembered by the computer?  I saved often but took no screenshots. Fortunately there were only 5 exhibits.

Are there limits on how many games can be saved?

Savannahjan

You may not have to scrap your zoo just yet.  I would try taking out downloads that you used just before the crash.  Take them out one at a time and try to restart you game.  Keep going backwards, as much as you can remember, taking them out one by one.  Once you take that item out of your game, it won't appear and you maybe can salvage your zoo.

Going backwards is a little easier than ABC method. Since I used the downloads for the Brandi Flower Contest most were put in before I ever started the zoo.  So we will see. Thanks. :flowerysmile:

• Like 1

Could langs be a problem? Outdated maybe?  (yes, I have started dl elimation but nothing yet)

lang999-override.dll

langdj_pluffs.dll

lang-DTH.dll

LANG--fern-Tek.dll

LANG--Jane.dll

LANG--JBL.dll

lang--TKZTUFcombin.dll

langZA03.dll

LANG--ZKL.dll

LANG--ZooTek.dll

LANG--ZTCDD.dll

Savannahjan

I wouldn't think that could hurt anything; your building just might not show anything when double clicked. 

I wish Fern was here; should might be able to help with this issue.  Hopefully she will be back soon.

The culprit seems to be:

gcBrick_themed_Expansion.ztd from 12 Various Packs folder so it is out of the dulupdate folder.

I used so many planters from this I have redo with something else unless there is smaller file versions of the planters.  Don't know why it chose this Contest time to go bonkers and "quarrel" with the game. I hope this continues to fix the problem.

• Like 1

Cricket

That seems really weird.  I'm using that brick expansion pack & have not had any issues. 

No me neither Cricket and also not for the current one

Not that I have been using anything yet haha but I placed around many many things and nothing crashed to be honest

but I haven't been around to the anim,als yet

I

When the zoo started functioning again the African elephant and a few other animals were missing from the menu along the wood plank exhibit fence. :runcirclsmiley2:  That same fencing I had already used was still holding in the animals but I had to use iron fencing for new exhibits.

As the game progressed through its first year periodically "More animals and items are available for purchase," (paraphrased) and I realized foliage and items, and probably animals were gradually being returned to those menus. In game time December the African Elephant returned.:cuckoo:   Obviously something else is wonky in the works. And I did use zoo number 3 while keeping previous zoo saved with its number 2. 

I am tempted to  put back the Brick expansion 3 in zoo #2 and take out all the newer animal dls to see how that effects game #2. :hamwheelsmilf::fishfightsmiles:

So glad we have a long time for this Brandi's Flowers contest.  And thanks to everyone for their suggestion and if there are more please post them. :help:    :singoalla:  :post-40-1236625287:

• Love 1

Savannahjan

Well, at least you figured out the missing in-game items.  Good grief, what an ordeal.   Excellent use of smilies, by the way.  :worship:

Fountain, your signature is showing as a lot of numbers and letters; is it just me?