Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Goosifer
    • HeatherL
    • (Designer)HENDRIX

Dogs and Horses Breeds

fountain

It just popped into my head that there are so many breeds of horses but they still look like horses. I have never seen a horse in person or picture where I have thought "What is that?" :animated-smileys-laughing-273:

• Haha 3

There are a few dog breeds that could easily pass for a small pony. 

Some cat breeds are getting almost as bad.  Ever see a Sphinx cat?

• Haha 1

wello as humans really want to brag they make them as big as possible to be almost like the big wild cats who some might be bigger then a small pony

Personally never seen a shinx cat before You?

I was talking about the big dog breeds like the Newfoundland and Irish Wolfhounds.  Saw an English Mastiff at the local pet feed store once.  Quite a shock to round a corner and have one right in front of you.

Cat breeds are still fairly small.  I was talking about the appearance of some cats now.  The Sphinx cat is one of the hairless breeds.  Have yet to see one in person.

• Like 1

I met a few Sphinx cats when I worked at a vet. Most of them were nice personality-wise. But petting one is very odd. Their skin feels hot because there is no hair between you and them. Also, a couple of them had skin that had a weird, oily feel. Others had very soft skin.

So far as pure-bred cats go, I like the Munchkins. But then, I have Dachshunds so that makes sense since they have the same type of dwarfism.