• Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• (Designer)HENDRIX
    • pukkie

Tank Cracks, when?

fountain

Years ago when I played the scenario of $0 entry fee on a zoo that you built on connected isles, one of those was quite elevated IIRC. Year 12? the saltwater tanks developed visible cracks that I sent maintenance people plucked and scurried to fix the cracks.  Soon tank cracks became a regular occurrence.

Does anyone know when this programed to happen?  :singoalla:  I think the whale shark tank was the first to be distressed, if size of the tank matters, and it had the in-game tank,

Cricket

I've had tank waters turn "green" before when I forgot to add a filter :hide1: but I've never noticed any cracks in the "glass".  That would be scary.  :scaredsmiley:

From Jay: As for tank cracks, I have not seen that myself, but it is rare that I let a zoo run for many years. The tank walls are configured to use the deteriorated and broken plexiglass images if they become deteriorated or broken, but I do not know when they would become deteriorated or broken. There might be different logic for tanks, and may even be a mistake in ZT for them to become deteriorated or broken. For land exhibit fences, there are settings to determine how fast they become deteriorated and broken. But stronger animals can make the fences deteriorate or break sooner. And stronger animals might not attempt to go through fences if they are happy. It is possible tank animals work the same way, but I do not know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vondell

I didn't even know tank walls had deteriorated or broken image assets. Shows I've never tried configuring a tank wall.

If it happens I will do a screenshot and make notes.

It has only happened in that one zoo.  I don't do large whales in zoos because in real life it's not healthy.

I may try a whale shark in a zoo using the converted from scenario to freeform map and see what, if any odd thing happens to the tank.

I recall a Japan had a young whale shark in a aquarium and planned to release when it got big for its tank.