asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• JuiceBxks
    • riou108
    • TheOneCalledWaffle

Bird Evolution and Praves

fountain

In a future zoo I'd like have parves (ancestors of modern birds) exhibits.  Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could find lists off site or current dls here (or Google collections of parves)?  I need to match names with what is available for exhibits.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I have no clue but surely you can find some names here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_birds

I did find this too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteriornis That pretty much looks like a bird

I know in ZT2 we have an elephant bird and an Archaeopteryx I could search through my files on what I have but maybe Eric just knows as he has been a designer for ZT 2

• Like 1

Thanks.  I have read evolution birds entry but Asteriornis maastrichtensis is one I had not seen. I will add that to my small list.

• Like 1

Vondell

Something worth considering is that in addition to the more birdlike Avialans like Archaeopteryx, Paraves also includes all Dromaeosaurs (velociraptor, deinonychus, utahraptor, etc) as well as all Troodontids (sinovenator, etc)

paraves.png.94103755fac1f80f69938ccba5c1ac0f.png

So, actually, your options include most all of the "-raptor" families (other than oviraptors and their relatives, who are just outside of Paraves.)

dromaeosauridae.png.26d649b86da5d1e09f02c7dd17908403.png
(2017 by Cau et al.)

Now, granted, a lot of the existing dromaeosaur mods out there are based on the vanilla Dino Digs velociraptor, which is ... less than accurate and fully naked of feathers.

Here is my quick attempt at a non-exhaustive list of mods I can find that aren't based on the vanilla velociraptor, ordered roughly from closest to farthest from modern birds.

Interestingly, the base game's Caudipteryx, which many of the of mods in this list are based on, is generally agreed to be in the oviraptor family, so falls outside Paraves.

Avialans:

-Aves (True Birds):

- Non-Bird Avialans:

Troodontids:

Dromaeosaurs:

(Now ... the six of those are color variants of the ZT: DD Caudipteryx, so I'd love to find more.)

@Borsato @Hawkkeye666 @Khaydar am I missing anything you guys have done in this clade? Has anyone brought over a Microraptor or kin? Or a proper feathery dromaeosaur?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Zarawatto
3 hours ago, Vondell said:

Something worth considering is that in addition to the more birdlike Avialans like Archaeopteryx, Paraves also includes all Dromaeosaurs (velociraptor, deinonychus, utahraptor, etc) as well as all Troodontids (sinovenator, etc)

paraves.png.94103755fac1f80f69938ccba5c1ac0f.png

So, actually, your options include most all of the "-raptor" families (other than oviraptors and their relatives, who are just outside of Paraves.)

dromaeosauridae.png.26d649b86da5d1e09f02c7dd17908403.png
(2017 by Cau et al.)

Now, granted, a lot of the existing dromaeosaur mods out there are based on the vanilla Dino Digs velociraptor, which is ... less than accurate and fully naked of feathers.

Here is my quick attempt at a non-exhaustive list of mods I can find that aren't based on the vanilla velociraptor, ordered roughly from closest to farthest from modern birds.

Interestingly, the base game's Caudipteryx, which many of the of mods in this list are based on, is generally agreed to be in the oviraptor family, so falls outside Paraves.

Avialans:

-Aves (True Birds):

- Non-Bird Avialans:

Troodontids:

Dromaeosaurs:

(Now ... the last six are color variants of the ZT: DD Caudipteryx, so I'd love to find more.)

@Borsato @Hawkkeye666 @Khaydar am I missing anything you guys have done in this clade? Has anyone brought over a Microraptor or kin? Or a proper feathery dromaeosaur?

The only feathered dromaeosaurid already available I can remember RN is Borsato's Dakotaraptor 🤔🤔 Besides the Velociraptor/Deinonychus patch uses a new feathered Velociraptor 🪶🪶

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Vondell and Zarawatto for this info!  This helps so much!  I'm looking forward to making this next zoo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 3:31 AM, Zarawatto said:

The only feathered dromaeosaurid already available I can remember RN is Borsato's Dakotaraptor 🤔🤔 Besides the Velociraptor/Deinonychus patch uses a new feathered Velociraptor 🪶🪶

I can confirm this.

• Like 1