• Total Members
    • Most Online

asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• Mina.said

I feel stupid. :(

Jacquie

Hi guys. I hope this message finds you all well. 

I'm tired so my poor brain is struggling with stuff. I'm on Windows 10. Have downloaded both 7zip and WinRAR. Yet for some reason I still can't get my addled brain around combining multiple ztds into one ztd file. I just don't know how to do it. 

Then I tried looking for Zoot 1.1. Google noped out on that one too. And I'm clueless on how to use APExp to create anything. Maybe this stuff is beyond my aging brain, I've followed Jay's guides, but it's hard when it's designed for XP and Windows 10 doesn't have the same wizards and programmes. I'm slumped over my computer, exhausted after trying for weeks. I just want to be able to create for myself, and at the same time save the space on my tablet (Surface Go). The game works really well on it, even with a fair few mods, but obviously the old limit keeps me from doing what I really want. 

If anyone has a dummies guide I'd be most appreciative. Right now I'm just feeling stupid, dumb and hopeless! I was hoping to create and share with the community. 

Thanks in advance! 

• Love 1

Savannahjan

Oh no, don't give up Jacquie.  :hug2:  I remember how I felt when I first started all these processes; discouraged and defeated.  But it's just a series of steps; one foot in front of the other.  If I can do, I'm betting you can.

Look for my PM. 

• Like 1

Don't feel dumb. When it comes to computer tech I feel like everyone is speaking ancient Sumerian translated into Greek by a wizard. I can make folders and copy/paste. This is the video that helped me combine files.  I can do it even with my limited skills. It did take a few tries, but now I have multiple personal combined files.

• Love 1

Yeah I have a suspicion that maybe I'm just way over thinking the whole process. That's another issue all of it's own though. ADD which I'm waiting a diagnosis on doesn't help! 

Don't feel stupid we all have to start somewhere. Even now I can still mess things up and have to redo them.

Also many find it better to combine types together. So buildings in one, paths in another, fences in another, etc

• Like 3

Z.Z.

You are not stupid.

You play ZT!
:D

I have made foliage, rocks, scenery, and buildings, I have not made fences, paths, or observations, but I have done the artwork for paths and observations.

I have only successfully combined one file so far, but I can take them apart.

And I never thought I would be doing any of it.

So you can do it, just ask someone for help.

Jan has already sent you a PM, perhaps she can be your mentor.

Cricket mentors me, I honestly would not be able to do any of it if not for her. :)

• Love 4

22 hours ago, HeatherL said:

Don't feel dumb. When it comes to computer tech I feel like everyone is speaking ancient Sumerian translated into Greek by a wizard. I can make folders and copy/paste. This is the video that helped me combine files.  I can do it even with my limited skills. It did take a few tries, but now I have multiple personal combined files.

Oh this is awesome! Thank you so much. It's slightly different for animals but it's really helpful all the same. You're a star, Heather!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

It's slightly different for animals but it's really helpful all the same. You're a star, Heather!

I started with the foliage & scenery files. Then when I'd done it a few times, I was able to apply it to other types of files even though there are some differences in how they're set up.

On 5/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, HeatherL said:

I started with the foliage & scenery files. Then when I'd done it a few times, I was able to apply it to other types of files even though there are some differences in how they're set up.

I finally succeeded in combining a set of extinct animals so I'm happy with that. Onto the foliage and scenery now, which I think with the video as guidance, should be more helpful. Thank you again! 

• Love 3

I've tried my combined files and clearly I've missed a step. My combined files show up in the game, but are without images. I'm assuming the the objects and scenery folders must go elsewhere, but I have no idea where. I've been playing about and I've listened to the video countless times, but the problem is I have no idea where these items are supposed to go within the game. Sorry!