• Total Members
    • Most Online

pERAS
    Newest Member
    pERAS

• pdn

dlupdate folder label

fountain

I've been curious about this for awhile; Is it possible to label dlupdate folder as "dlupdate zeus" in game or is that confusing to the programing?

Note:  I take the dlupdate folder out and put it in my "Themes" or "ZT Map" desktop folder which has other folders labeled e.g., "Tropical Anniversary Zoo" which contains the dlupdate for that zoo and a special zoo map if necessary.  I create a new empty dlupdate folder inside the game.

Savannahjan

That's a good way to keep the downloads separate; just take one dlupdates out and pop another one in.  I would think that the folder in the game would have to be named correctly or the game might not recognize.  But I'm not sure about that.  Maybe the experts will answer soon.

• Thanks 1

Yep it does have to be labelled correctly as the zoo.ini lists what order to load the files in.

And by the way ZT reads everyfile in the game - correct folder or not. I believe. So have multiple storage folders in there might slow things up a fraction

• Thanks 1

I have 3 map folders for UC maps and labeled as such as "UC add first" in the game folder and only slowing I've seen is the terrain melding but not until the zoo is pretty full.  The "add first" cue to check my Word documents on what items and foliage to add before opening the zoo.  Been doing this for at least 6 years and it never crashed the game.  One folder is simply labeled "UC maps". I am probably take the third one out because it was for Spring Contest map and game entry.

Thanks for the info.

I have 6 extra folders in my zoo, and have them all mapped to the .ini  and not caused any issues - found it easier to find than the dlupdates folder.   

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just create one. Also check that it is listed in the zoo.ini