• Most Online

Newest Member
    asd294

• Truly_happy
    • pukkie
    • bekantan4200

Animal Guides

fountain

In the Animal Guides what does "Crowd number" mean?  Ranges I've seen are 30 thru 90.  Is this a shyness factor?

And "Bash strength"?  Fence strength?

Savannahjan

I think crowd number means the number of guests who are within viewing distance that the animal can tolerate without being nervous and unhappy.  Since the guests are usually moving by, I don't know over what period of time this value covers.

The bash strength is the animal's power to breach the fence, and some fences are stronger than others.

• Thanks 1

From Jay: Jan's answer is my understanding of how the Crowd number and Bash strength work. It is up to you if you want to give examples. For ZT's animals, the Crowd number ranges from 10 to 100. There are several animals with 10. But the example I remember reading about was the okapi, which is at 10. The idea was that most of the okapi's fence should not be see through, so that it would rarely feel crowded. For ZT's animals, the Bash strength ranges from 0 to 325. There are 2 animals that have 325: Apatosaurus and Spinosaurus. Excluding zoo walls, tank walls, deteriorated fences, broken fences, and decorative fences, fence strengths range from 200 to 480. The one at 480 is the Electrified Chain-link Fence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1