• Hawkkeye666
    • Goosifer
    • goldenfire
    • HeatherL
    • (Admin)Cricket

Unhappiness After Three Animals

LapisLazuli77

LapisLazuli77

This is kinda just a general problem, but inexplicably for some reason a ton of animals will start displaying unhappy faces when more of their own kind is placed in an exhibit, always starting from the fourth individual. This always happens even when the maximum population the animal will tolerate is far beyond 3. Scrubbing through every single animal's .uca or .ai file I'm seeing nothing that could be connected to such a thing, so I'm guessing it's hardwired into the game's code.

It's ultimately a pretty meaningless thing, I think, but it's really annoying to see.

• Like 1

That sometimes happens when you have for instance no shelter, the wrong type of shelter or a shelter for in example 2 animals

as soon as you put nr 3 in the red face will appear. Especially when you have no shelters before putting the animals in

I know that there are a few who give red faces no matter what you do but I just don't play with them.

From Jay: Concerning the question at Phoenix, there are lots of things that can affect animal happiness, including how much space is given for each animal. That is why the suitability guides and checkers can be useful. I would need an example animal to give more information than that. I have used lots of exhibits with at least 4 animals without having problems, including my main test zoo of 4 zebras.