• Total Members
    • Most Online

SadakoRei13
    Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• Goosifer

Little city zoo

ZooForce11

Created my first freeform zoo a few days ago and now finished building it. I chose the small city map - I don't know why but I always liked the maps with buildings, streets and so on (one of my favourite games is SimCity 4 so maybe that's why lol). For a "challange" I chose the lowest amount of money but that wasn't much of a problem to handle honestly. Space management was a bit more of a challange but it worked out quiet well without looking too cramped I think, managed to house 10 different species (and a bird-house which could technically count as 11).

So anyway, I am quiet happy with what I created, used a few mods like those colorful flowers in planter boxes, a few other flower mods and the bridge but besides that I mainly used the vanilla items.

image.png.a98ec78668a352f4749c88288b53697d.png

That's the whole zoo.

image.png.4546b22f6ea9832ab2a2c92aea002deb.png

And here a little closeup.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Zarawatto

That's a neat looking zoo! I like the city map soo much and having a park with almost no empty tiles is pretty satisfactory 😸😸

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah it was quiet the nice feeling when I plopped down the last bit of scenery and had used up every tile!

• Like 2

Wow! So much water in a small zoo without it looking crowded.  Views of the zoo have probably increased the rents or prices of condos.  A relaxing layout.

:jippie1:

• Like 1

Savannahjan

The zoo looks great!  I'd love to see some close up pics.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I just realized that the pictures in my first post are a bit small somehow, not sure how I can change this, I hope you can see more on the following pictures.

Here are some close-ups of the exhibits and so on:

Giraffen.png.132fc06eff1cd12a0d8b7b68ba7af192.png

That's the Giraffe exhibit, it was the first one I built. Initially it had a different shape but at some point I had the idea to build these elevated vantage points going into the exhibits so I built that and moved part of the exhibit (the big giraffe shelter fit there perfectly I thought) into the alcove at the top.

kamele.png.1f2a27d86cb8e83d9c47fb28c39c8bd1.png

Behind the Giraffes I put Dromedary Camels and Gemsbocks, again with a vantage point that goes into the exhibit area while also separating them.

Elefanten.png.98808ddcaa56947121b7b3dec7d44cbd.png

The Rhino and Elephant exhibits, here I had the idea to add some open space into the zoo, so I decided to built an elevated path around the exhibit and then create a small lake in the middle of the whole zoo area - which the guests could look at while walking around the exhibit.

See.png.c3fd883c408e6f127d2f9998d38fbadf.png  

Since I had a mod that adds bridges I wanted to incorporate it into my lake, it had the perfect size for it. Since a swimming shack would be a bit out of place in this zoo I remembered that there was a boat house, having guests ride around in swan boats on the lake was just perfect in my opinion. That's also when I decided to make the edges of the lake look a bit "untamed" and "overgrown", especailly in connection to the whole "theme" of the map being inside a city - bringing some nature into it.

Pinguin.png.fa539beba43807efbf8b21a199ab3448.png

Across the bridge there is a bit of a "visitor hub" with all kinds of stands, a map, benches and a restaurant (it's just crazy how much money these restaurants can make - both of them, one being near the camel exhibit, made around 150.000$ in profit already!). Since I was working with elevated paths so much already I tried to mix it up with a Penguin exhibit and add a water tank for them to swim in and then lowered the paths so guests could watch them underwater. I always love these views in real zoos where you can watch marine animals underwater like that. Right above the money counter is a little (modded) staff house with a car, I put it there because I didn't want to snake the path around even more (it was going in a straight line there which I liked).

Krokodil.png.1d785c7ef8dd16db4a33e58d5b0062db.png

Those two exhibits (the Saltwater Crocodiles and Anteaters to the lower left) were the last 2 I built since I had limited space. They are rather small and don't require that much space so I put these here.

Tiger.png.612b17c47febde940e6e412fc2418af7.png

Lastly, the (white) Tiger and (mexican) Wolf exhibits. The wolves were the 4th species I adopted and put right next to the entrance near the Giraffes. The Tigers I added because I just like Tigers and cats in general (and at that point I kinda needed the endangered species baby bonus lol). The bird house fit perfectly into an alcove again, added a little parking lot with a car there. In the right corner, not seen in this picture but the overview one, there is also a building (from a mod adding the developer items as purchasable buildings) with another parking lot that I added for somewhat of an administration building where the zoo staff is going for breaks, doing bureaucracy stuff and whatever else one needs to organize in a running zoo.

• Love 5

this is great stuff Zooforce 11 It is nice to see your area's upclose and you can see even better how beautiful this is andhow much thought you put into your 

building

You got skills! Thanks for sharing I'd really enjoyed this

• Like 1