ZooTycooner

• Vainon_ajat
    • Hawkkeye666
    • MaastrichianFan
    • Fern

Aviary issue

pukkie

Hi there friends

I must have been asking this before but probablly a looooong time ago but it is Catfish Aviary entrance

You see as when you place it when the benches aare facing your direction it looks fine

entrance1.png.67606ca5c9a038d21f488dba2186dc69.png

But I need it placed with the benches facing the opposite direction and then it looks like this

entrance2.png.dcd2e9c316518d0f1e1b3472a91f62a1.png

See how half the gate got missing into the floor?

Youcan see the full gate green before placing but as soon as you click half of the entrance way just vanishes

Am I playing with an outdated version?

Or does this need fixing? and more important when it's the last option Can it be fixed?

Could be a rotation issue. I will check it. If it is supposed to match/join the fence the rotations on all will have to be adjusted.

There are two versions around - one is in RSN's Wild wings pack (ZA) and the other version is here.

Just looking at this my guess is you have added an invisible fence. If you are not intending to have guests walk though then do not place the entrance piece. If you do want guests to walk through you need to remove the fence piece from in front of the entrance and used the invisible fence or a curb exhibit wall to mark the path route.

From Jay: I just tested that entrance and invisible fence in ZT. Yes, having the invisible fence under the middle of the entrance does cause that graphics problem. Making it a proper fence probably also would not look good because that would probably make parts of guests disappear as they walk by it. I don't know why catfish made the walls as half tile objects instead of decorative fences. Instead of an entrance being made, a decorative working gate could be used instead. That would be the best from a graphics viewpoint. But the easiest would be for it to be used as intended. It does not have that specific graphics problem if there is no invisible fence under it. But it might still have that graphics problem if other low height objects are put in front of it. This piece is intentionally a full tile object that only has a half tile footprint. It was intended to have the front of it go against the grid line. pukkie is not using it that way. But even with the way pukkie did it, it could still be made to work. As the instructions for it say, the intended way to use them is to use 2, with 1 "behind" the other. The entrance itself will look the same, but that stops the graphics problem.

• Like 1

I do not have the invisble fence under the entance way as otherwise no one can go through

I have next to the entance piece on either side a row free as I want my guest to have some walk space when  they enter

oooh I gotta try what Jay says

I wiill let you know And please thank him for me Fern

I really appreciate his help

Like you he is a gem :hug2: