ZooTycooner

• Goosifer
    • Schlatt99
    • AnkyloJoe
    • (Designer)Z.Z.
    • qkr5614

Is this save file doomed?

Cascabel

So I just recently discovered developer mode and thought it was great. I designed a couple entrances; one is still working but I ran into problems with the other. I loaded it and suddenly, it wouldn't let me add things inside the zoo walls, only outside, like the boundaries got flipped somehow. If I go into developer mode, it will let me add things inside but when an exhibit is complete and the name exhibit prompt pops up, the game freezes once I click ok. I was wondering if it had something to do with the exhibit type fences outside the zoo walls? On the other game save, I only used decorative type fences outside the walls. I tried deleting the exhibit fences I used on the outside, rebuilding and flipping the entrance just in case it's one way, and redoing the zoo walls around the whole perimeter... all to no avail. Does anyone have any idea on what I did so I make sure not to do it again? 

zooscreenshot1.png

Z.Z.
3 hours ago, Cascabel said:

it wouldn't let me add things inside the zoo walls,

Thats because you have the Zoo Gate in backwards.

Delete the Zoo Gate, save the game and reload it, then open the Buildings menu, make sure the buildings are facing towards the edge of the map from where you want to place the Zoo Gate, then go to the Scenario Menu and select the Zoo Gate and place it.

Save the game and reload it, and the issue should be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Z.Z.

I dont think using exhibit fences outside of the Zoo Wall would make any difference, as long as there are no actual exhibits with exhibit gates outside the zoo wall.

If you have made exhibits outside the zoo wall you may need to delete them when you reset the Zoo Gate.

1 hour ago, Z.Z. said:

I dont think using exhibit fences outside of the Zoo Wall would make any difference, as long as there are no actual exhibits with exhibit gates outside the zoo wall.

If you have made exhibits outside the zoo wall you may need to delete them when you reset the Zoo Gate.

It probably would since the zoo crashes if the zoo wall is on that outer tile and it is a exhibit fence...of sorts.

Z.Z.
12 hours ago, Cascabel said:

Thank you so much! That totally fixed it. :wootsmiley:

You are very welcome :)

I discovered that the hard way, but once I started making the buildings face outward before placing the Zoo Gate I havent had a problem ever since.

Fern brings up a very important point as well, nothing can go on the edge tile of the map except path.

Anything else, even the footprint of a wall or fence, will crash the game, so you will want to remove the trees you have on the edge tile before you do more building on that map.

When making a zoo I cover it with Rainforest Terrain, and then run a line of Concrete Terrain along the edge of the map all the way around to insure that I dont accidentally place anything on the edge tile, then once I am finished decorating the exterior, I replace the Concrete Terrain with Rainforest Terrain before placing the Zoo Gate.

10 hours ago, Fern said:

It probably would since the zoo crashes if the zoo wall is on that outer tile and it is a exhibit fence...of sorts.

In the image posted the Rock Exhibit Fence is used in the entry area adjacent to the Admission Booths.

Neither the Rock Exhibit Fence nor the Zoo Wall are anywhere near the edge of the map, and the Rock Exhibit Fence is not part of an enclosed exhibit, it is merely decorative, so the issue he was having was with the Zoo Gate being installed backwards.

But thank you for bringing up the point about the edge tile, I completely missed that he has trees on the edge tile which is going to crash his game.