Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• pukkie
    • HeatherL
    • Fern

AnimalsCCEasyHackbyZootan.

Jacquie

Jacquie

Hey guys do any of you know what would cause conflict with this particular hack? I was setting up a new zoo, and thought I'd start nice and easy with an African Elephant and the ZK was telling me there wasn't enough brown stone(?) not enough sand (elephants I don't think like much if any sand? And no matter how hard I try, I can't get them happy. So I've removed this particular hack until I can figure out what it is conflicting with. 

Goosifer

It might not be a conflict. Looking at the config, it looks like this mod is doing a bit more. For the elephant specifically it seems to give it massive preference for Sand and Dirt, among other terrain.

Original:

[cSuitableObjects]
;Desert
v = 9409
v = -10

[cCompatibleTerrain]
;Sand
v = 2
v = 10
;Dirt
v = 3
v = 10

Zootan's Hack:

[cSuitableObjects]
;Desert
v = 9409
v = 3

[cCompatibleTerrain]
;Sand
v = 2
v = 100

;Dirt
v = 3
v = 100

Jacquie
36 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

It might not be a conflict. Looking at the config, it looks like this mod is doing a bit more. For the elephant specifically it seems to give it massive preference for Sand and Dirt, among other terrain.

Original:

[cSuitableObjects]
;Desert
v = 9409
v = -10

[cCompatibleTerrain]
;Sand
v = 2
v = 10
;Dirt
v = 3
v = 10

Zootan's Hack:

[cSuitableObjects]
;Desert
v = 9409
v = 3

[cCompatibleTerrain]
;Sand
v = 2
v = 100

;Dirt
v = 3
v = 100

Well that makes sense, but why rainforest? I've never seen that, or brown stone? 

Goosifer

I'm guessing the tradeoff to having an animal enjoy all terrain is that its needs will also be a bit unpredictable because they'll want a bit of everything. The list below shows all of the terrain that elephants are 100% compatible with using this hack. I assume it's the same for the rest of the animals in the mod.

; grass
; savannah grass
; sand
; dirt
; rainforest floor
; brown rock
; gray rock
; gravel
; snow
; fresh water
; salt water
; deciduous floor
; waterfall
; coniferous floor
; concrete
; asphalt
; trampled

I don't know exactly how the game does its math for terrain needs, but if Fern and Jay can explain it to me maybe I can whip up a modernized version if folks are interested.

Jacquie
10 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

I'm guessing the tradeoff to having an animal enjoy all terrain is that its needs will also be a bit unpredictable because they'll want a bit of everything. The list below shows all of the terrain that elephants are 100% compatible with using this hack. I assume it's the same for the rest of the animals in the mod.

; grass
; savannah grass
; sand
; dirt
; rainforest floor
; brown rock
; gray rock
; gravel
; snow
; fresh water
; salt water
; deciduous floor
; waterfall
; coniferous floor
; concrete
; asphalt
; trampled

I don't know exactly how the game does its math for terrain needs, but if Fern and Jay can explain it to me maybe I can whip up a modernized version if folks are interested. Right now I'm assuming that the elephant will want a bit of everything to be happy, but I could be wrong.

Wonderful thank you so much. I get it now. A modernised version would be awesome, but now I understand. It makes a whole lot more sense now. Thanks for explaining that for me!

Goosifer Have a look at the various baby animal packs at ZA. They were done to use any terrain too I think. And Jay would understand habitats better than most.

• Like 1

Goosifer

Thanks. We'll need EMU to support animals but should be doable soon.

• Like 1