• Most Online

Sillything
    Newest Member
    Sillything

• pdn

Question for the APExp programm

AnkyloJoe

AnkyloJoe

Not sure if this is the right place, or even if I've done this right (first time making a message) but I have a, hopefully, simple question for the APE program. How/where are the base game animal files located?

I found a spread sheet showcasing the stats of the animals online, but it's not 100% (probably like 99% think it's only missing  the sable)

I plan to make my own spreadsheet with a more condensed look at important stats while including a few others that aren't included in the original (also I plan to add the stats for the modded creatures I have)

LapisLazuli77

The animal files for the base game are in the Zoo Tycoon folder itself, as animals.ztd and animals2.ztd. The first one has the sprites and the second one has the .ai files.

Dinosaur Digs' and Marine Mania's equivalents are in XPACK1 and XPACK2.

Pretty sure the added Complete Collection stuff and other DLC is in the Updates folder.

There's also ZUPDATE, ZUPDATE1, and dupdate, but not sure what those are supposed to contain.

AnkyloJoe

That's what I thought, but when I tried opening them nothing showed up. APE loads for a minute then I get this screen.
image.png.b0436cb6d8f0b50b020d7425a2169b0a.png

Should I try the original version of ape? or am I just doing something wrong?

AnkyloJoe

Nevermind... I figured it out. If you start a new project, you can then pick base game animals. Weird how they're under "new" but not the end of the world. Thanks for offering help!