• Most Online

JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• Truly_happy

Zoo Tycoon Animal Spreadsheet

AnkyloJoe

AnkyloJoe

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1woy76xk61KkarZ_Um4RhE4DYKUksbNBvfr2_ubF3ig8/edit?usp=sharing

This is a link to the spreadsheet I'm working on for Zoo Tycoon. I was inspired by the one Digsu made a few years back. It's got all of the needed information, but it's not organized and doesn't use color, making it hard to tell info apart.

When making mine, I wanted to include some color and make sure similar stats were grouped together. I've also included some modded animals, I'm very picky about which modded animals I use (I like the ones that feel vanilla). The animals are organized how they are within the game, followed by the online bonus animals, DLC animals, and then the modded animals. If you want to mess around with the filters, just make a copy!

It's not finished, but I figured that it really didn't matter if I showed it off now or later. Plus, as an added bonus, people can help out too, like catching mistakes I've made or figuring out how stats work.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

• Like 2

Goosifer

Ohh great work! The modded list is pretty fun. Maybe author names to go with it?

• Love 1

I am sorry to say that even enlarged I can't read any of it

2 hours ago, pukkie said:

I am sorry to say that even enlarged I can't read any of it

Pukkie follow the link to the google site at the top of his post and you can download a copy that is not a picture.

Oh yeah that is a massive help Fern Thank you  :hug2:

How I manage to miss the entire link remains a mystery :bloos1:

AnkyloJoe
10 hours ago, Goosifer said:

Ohh great work! The modded list is pretty fun. Maybe author names to go with it?

Yeah, I thought about doing that. I probably will, but finding all of the mods and authors again might be a challenge, so I'll focus on that later.

6 hours ago, AnkyloJoe said:

Yeah, I thought about doing that. I probably will, but finding all of the mods and authors again might be a challenge, so I'll focus on that later.

ZTCDD will give you the authors. At least for those I have listed there. Just a few hundred to start with.

AnkyloJoe
18 minutes ago, Fern said:

ZTCDD will give you the authors. At least for those I have listed there. Just a few hundred to start with.

OMG Yes! Thank you! I've checked it out a few times but totally forgot about it! It should definitely be a big help!

AnkyloJoe

I've added a new section spots onto the spreadsheet, which I call the ratio efficiency true values!

The idea is to get the cost to rating (appeal), cost to min. space (minimum tiles needed), and rating to min. space ratios.

My math is probably wrong so if anyone smarter than me could take a look, that'd be much appreciated!

here are the formulas I use:
$ per Rating: [($ x Min. Group) / (Rating x Min. Group)]

$ per Space: [($ x Min. Group) / (Min. Space x Min. Group)]

Space per Rating: [(Rating x Min. Group) / Min. Space x Min. Group]

In theory, even if the math is wrong, as long as the formula is used for every animal, the end goal should remain the same... right?

For now, I'm going to skip doing the math stuff, mostly because I think I'm doing it wrong. Instead, I'll have new sections that show "true" values. These are values like rating and required space which would depend on min. group sizes. An African Elephant, for example, costs $2,500, has a rating of 50, and needs 50 tiles. It also has a min. group size of 2. That doubles all of the previous values, and that is what these new columns will cover.