• (Designer)Z.Z.
    • HeatherL
    • MarkBL20
    • Graweu
    • Truly_happy

Animal Happiness

pukkie

So I wonder if anyone knows this

but say you have an animal species you put2 in and then later there is a third and a 4th.

They grow up and then they all get cranky and the Zookeeper says there are too many animals in the exhibit , but then

when you sell one they give the red faces and when you sell the second also red faces

They don't really want to have more of their species and do very well on their own yet when you add to them they give you happy smiles

So why are they unhappy when they do seem to like them when you bring them in?

I kinow it must be settings of the animal but wouldnt they give red faces then if you add them as the numbers are outgrowing their space?

It has to do with the minimum number of animals and how many tiles per animal. What makes this contest tricky is that many canids require 5 per exhibit whereas the felines only require 2.

African Wild Dog: Savannah, 5-20 with 35: 5=175: 130 Savannah Grass, 18 Sand, 18 Dirt, 9 Fresh Water, 9 Tall Grass, Large Burrow

From this note you can see the dog requires a minimum of 5 animals with 35 tiles of terrain per animal. So that means the minimum exhibit size would be 175 tiles. And you can have up to 20 in an exhibit each requiring 35 tiles.

The Sabre cat requires a minimum of 3 cats too

Yeah I get that but why do they do not show a red space if you place an animal that tips them over their own requirements?

if you are in a room and already sleeping on the floor because the only bed is taken you would not be happy if yet another one comes in

so you would expect an angry face not a happy one

Probably more of a Jay question than a me one.

My guess is that they like the animal but the problem is the number of tiles per animal. You might get a different reaction if you made the exhibit bigger than what you get when you remove an animal.

Sort of I like you but there is not enough space for you to stay.

It is in the Keeper recommendations where it shows

Another thing is the "per tile" does not apply to baby/young animals. It will kick in when they become adults.

Clear .... Luckily we have lions.... They love a lot of themselves