Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Hawkkeye666
    • Fern
    • PollyPocketFan79

Bathrooms

Guest Berferd

Hi! Any input you have will be appreciated. I've built a number of zoos on ZT1. I enjoy the game immensely and am always looking for new things to put in. However, I've ran into a problem--my guests, no matter how many are provided or where they're put at, will not use the restrooms. Any ideas what is up? I even downloaded the big restroom here and I still get that message that a lot of guests need the facilities ... they're there but they don't use 'em. Anyone know what is up with that?--Berferd the Bughunter

genkicoll

Restroom needs are met in restaurants and some user-created, non-bathroom buildings such as guided tours, which you would expect to have bathroom facilities. If they're getting their needs met elsewhere, they won't use the bathrooms you put in.

It sounds like you have a lot of guests with restroom needs, though, but that they're not using them even though they need them. Is that right? If so, do you have a restaurant nearby that they might be heading towards, instead? There is one reason I've seen where guests will ignore every need they have: Marine shows. The marine shows are supposed to be great crowd pleasers, but the guests forget to take care of their other needs, and they get angry after a while. Stupid guests :laugh: I remedy this by putting a restaurant on either side of the show grandstands so that whichever way they exit the show, they'll have to walk by a place to take care of their neglected needs. It's the only exception I make to not adding too many guest amenities to my zoo :tongue:

EDIT: By the way, which version of ZT do you have? The original version (before MM, DD and CC) had a few bugs, which M$/BF created a patch for. If you have one of the expansions, you wouldn't need the patch.

Restroom needs are met in restaurants and some user-created, non-bathroom buildings such as guided tours, which you would expect to have bathroom facilities. If they're getting their needs met elsewhere, they won't use the bathrooms you put in.

It sounds like you have a lot of guests with restroom needs, though, but that they're not using them even though they need them. Is that right? If so, do you have a restaurant nearby that they might be heading towards, instead? There is one reason I've seen where guests will ignore every need they have: Marine shows. The marine shows are supposed to be great crowd pleasers, but the guests forget to take care of their other needs, and they get angry after a while. Stupid guests :laugh: I remedy this by putting a restaurant on either side of the show grandstands so that whichever way they exit the show, they'll have to walk by a place to take care of their neglected needs. It's the only exception I make to not adding too many guest amenities to my zoo :tongue:

EDIT: By the way, which version of ZT do you have? The original version (before MM, DD and CC) had a few bugs, which M$/BF created a patch for. If you have one of the expansions, you wouldn't need the patch.

Thanks, Genki! I found that not using the Dragon Rider's family restroom in favor of the in-game family restroom works well. I even tried using the "Alfred H" cheat go get rid of the whole mass of complainers but as they came back, they started doing that again. So I switched the restrooms and viola, complaints reduced. Strange. lol --Randy the Bughunter