• Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Luz21
    • pdn

HELP!

LeopardStar

Alright, so I just bought the new zt2 ultimate collection and I'm trying to install it. When I'm asked to insert the third and final disk for installation and I do, it keeps asking me to insert the disk-even though I did. I know there isn't anything wrong with my disk drive as it works perfectly fine with other disks. I tried reinstalling the program, but again, once I had to insert the third disk, it didn't seem to read it. There are no scratches or anything on this disk and I can't figure out why it isn't working. I even went to My Computer and clicked on the disk again and all I got was "application not found" even though it's clearly there. Is this a common problem and how can it be fixed? PLEASE HELP!

I'm not a pc wizard or genius ......... but try this go to my computer right click on the drive and click open and see if you can start the installation by clicking on setup.exe if everything goes well it will install that way if not then you might need to update your direct x .....some games require a direct x 8.0 or higher ..... it's also possible that the your vb6 runtime needs to be updated aswell... if those dont work then i'm out of ideas for the time being.

Of course this is just my luck. I went out and exchanged the game, and AGAIN, the third disk wouldn't work. Microsoft did a horrible job when introducing this game. I've waited to get this since the very first zt2 game came out, knowing that eventually a complete pack would come over time with all the expansions, and I finally get it. Now it won't work.

Thank you for the link about the misprinted disk. I'll have to wait untill Monday to call Microsoft so I can wait even longer to get a new disk. This is very disapointing, as I spent over $50.00 on the game-Twice-and I don't have that kind of money just laying around.

thegirlwiththeflute

I think I already answered a question like this...deja vu. :p

One of the discs in the UC is duplicated. You most likely have two disc twos, but one of them is labeled disc 3. If you go to the ZT2 website, there is a number you can call and MS will send you the missing disc. :)

Good luck.

thegirlwiththeflute

You're welcome. Many people were disappointed as well.

And I meant that you didn't have disc three. Typed it wrong.

So much for quality control, eh?

Good luck getting your new disc. I hope you get it promptly. :hug2:

Thank you Genki! :)

I've concluded that that was indeed the problem and I'm going to call that number a.s.a.p. to get a replacement disk. I don't see why they don't have a recall if this is a common problem.

Well, I thank everyone for all the advice and help and I'll let you know how it goes once this problem is resolved. Thankyou!

Well, after calling Microsoft and waiting for about a week, I finally recieved a fully refunded ZT2UC pack in the mail. And much to my ultimate relief, the third disk actually works! So, I've been preoccupied with the game today and rather enjoying it. Microsoft apolgized for the problem and I was informed that this is a common problem with the game. Once again, I ask, why didn't they have a recall if there was a big problem? Oh well, I'm very much enjoying my new disk now!