Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• TRIFORCE89
    • Truly_happy
    • (Admin)Savannahjan

reindeer suitability question

mbrookins

I have experimented until pulling my hair out with the reindeer, and could not get their suitability past 87. Then I searched online and found a guide on Wisco's Zoo Tycoon that puts it at 95, but the zookeeper recommendations say they will be unhappy. My question is this: is it possible to get the reindeer suitability up to 100?

Yes it is possible and when you have it they will actually fly through there exhibit I made that once or twice Not sure what I did then I could try again and If I succeed post what I did to get it that far But like I said I only succeeded twice.

But it was sure fun when all of a sudden I saw them fly. :elkgrin:

Personally, I've learned that the bigger the exhibit is, and the more reindeer you put in that exhibit, you'll get some very happy animals. But keep in mind, you must keep the amount of animals at a proper ratio to the exhibit size in order to keep some peace among your creatures. And if that stills doesn't do much for your reindeer happiness rating, as I've learned from all the wonderful people here at Tek, you can try puting four trees in one square of the grid to increase the animal's foliage interest thus making them happier.

I hope this helps and good luck with your reindeer!

I use the following formula for my reindeers. Their suitability can range from 88-97 but their happiness is 99-100. When it reaches 100, they flyyyyyyyyyyy. It's so cool to watch them but then their happiness goes back down a notch or two, so I pick up the ZK and place him inside the exhicit and they start to fly again.

I have never kept their happiness at 100 for long or they would fly out of the exhibit(teehee).

exhibit 18x10=180 squares

snow=135 squares

grass=27 squares

grey stone=18 squares

foliage= spruce tree 5 squares, then wait until I place the reindeer, then fill in until they frown

rocks= 3 snowy rock formation, 4 squares of smallest snowy rock, fill in until they frown.

3 males 3 females.

so is it their happiness that needs to be 100 or suitability? Pukkie says suitability if I read that right and mrspiggy says happiness.

genkicoll

It's the happiness that needs to be 100% for them to fly.

The only way I've ever gotten my suitability (for the reindeer) to 100% is by using some of Catfish's winter foliage. It is programmed as a happiness booster, but does not count towards suitability. Fern explained to me that the happiness boosting items such as the large ice-rock formation (the long one) will add to suitability. So, you'll get a happy face when you place these items, but it won't count towards the rock or foliage percentage needed. That's why sometimes you add and add and add foliage (user-made only), and the animals still say that they need more foliage in their exhibit.

thanks for the tips and info! I did an exhibit following the layout posted by mrspiggy:

exhibit 18x10=180 squares

snow=135 squares

grass=27 squares

grey stone=18 squares

foliage= spruce tree 5 squares, then wait until I place the reindeer, then fill in until they frown

rocks= 3 snowy rock formation, 4 squares of smallest snowy rock, fill in until they frown.

3 males 3 females.

and their happiness did reach 100-but they did not fly, so that was a little depressing. maybe there's a glitch in my game that is keeping them from flying.

It takes them a bit to fly and not all of them will do it. Just keep the happiness at 100, keep your ZK inside the exhibit and pick him up and place him around the exhibit. The reindeer like that. They only fly for a short distance, you will see them jump up and a trail of sparkling glitter will trail behind them.

here is a screen shot of the flying reindeer. They like it when the ZK is in their exhibit.

post-29002-1227499490_thumb.jpg