Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• Goosifer
    • Hawkkeye666
    • pukkie
    • (Admin)Savannahjan

Genki HELP Please

luvmy83wing

I'm trying to get my laptop set up and don't remember how to set up winrar to associate files. Can you please explain this to me so I can accomplish the task? Thanks

genkicoll

Click ONCE on the file you want to associate with WinRar.

Click on File, then Open With/Associate.

Choose WinRar from the list. If it's not on the list, choose Browse and find it manually.

A shortcut (that doesn't always work) would be to RIGHT-click on the file and choose Open With -> Choose Program

Make sure you click the box that says to Always Use This Program :)

I read this earlier Genki but didn't say thank you so I am saying it now Thank You for the info I also have another question you may be able to answer and that is when I loaded my files from my old desktop onto this lap top I also changed from XP to Vista ....not sure I like it but ..... anyway the few .ztd files that I had on disc when I loaded them on here they don't have the same appearence do I need to associate them with something as well and if so what? Any info is appreciated.

genkicoll

I have my ztds associated with WinRar since I have to get inside them so often, but it's not necessary - as long as they work in your game, no reason to change anything :elkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Genki two questions for you

1. This is for mrspiggy about win rar and ztd's ...... we have finally managed to teach her how to combine and I say we because I wrote her a tutitorial and used your pics hope you didn't mind guess I should have asked first but I did tell her I couldn't post the tut because I used your pics I emailed it to her ....anyway she has them comibined now and they work in game but instead of looking like a ztd file icon they look like a stack of books like a win rar file how does she change that I know it's a setting but not sure what that setting is.

2. Is for me now that I am using windows vista I again need to go in and change a setting so that I can change a file name from zip to ztd but I can't see the .zip extension to change it what is it I need to do to be able to see christmas.zip so I chn change it to christmas.ztd instead of chistmas.ztd.zip?

genkicoll

1. You can post your tutorial in the tutorial section :) Just link to the images that are already loaded to the board (you know how to do that, right?) It doesn't matter what the icon looks like, it just means that the .ztds are linked to the WinRar program. As long as they work in-game, that's all that matters ^__^

2. It has to do with your settings. The same thing can happen with any version of Windows. How to fix it... well, I can never remember :tongue: I use PowerDesk, which is a more efficient version of Windows Explorer. With whatever program you're using, there's a setting you need to adjust that will allow you to see the extensions. Ugh. I hope someone else can explain it better for you >_< I usually just mess around with the settings until I find it :tongue:

you have to go into folder options by clicking on a folder or My Computer and then click on tools and then folder options and then file types this is for Windows XP but I think its the same for or similar for vista. I would try opening my computer and looking around for folder tools or options and the setting should be there (wherever the folder options are)

1. You can post your tutorial in the tutorial section :) Just link to the images that are already loaded to the board (you know how to do that, right?) It doesn't matter what the icon looks like, it just means that the .ztds are linked to the WinRar program. As long as they work in-game, that's all that matters ^__^

2. It has to do with your settings. The same thing can happen with any version of Windows. How to fix it... well, I can never remember :tongue: I use PowerDesk, which is a more efficient version of Windows Explorer. With whatever program you're using, there's a setting you need to adjust that will allow you to see the extensions. Ugh. I hope someone else can explain it better for you >_< I usually just mess around with the settings until I find it :tongue:

No I don't but I could email you a copy ...... I think I still have it ...... I'll have to check