Punki MeT

• Hawkkeye666
    • (Admin)Savannahjan
    • kenny
    • bxdczoo

$5000 Zoo

Guest RSoxNo1

Guest RSoxNo1

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I've been playing ZT2 for several years and have been trying to come up with ways to challenge myself in the game. I've put in the guest manager hack so my max guests is 360 now (480 provided too much lag). Aside from that I don't have any other user created content, but I do have all of the expansions. What I've done is start my zoo with $5000 and build it up to 5 stars. However this wasn't as big of a challenge, and all of my zoos wound up similar. So I've decided that I want to reach $100k in donations for all of the 129 possible animals in the game. I'm in the middle of year 12, and so far I have 14 animals that have reach the $100k donation mark. Once they reach that mark, I release the entire species into the wild or put them up for adoption. Here is the list of 14 animals that have reached the cap:

Dromedary Camel

Emperor Penguin

Quagga

Okapi

Meerkat

Red Panda

Goblin Shark

Snow Leopard

Whale Shark

Triceratops

Stegosaurus

White Shark

Giant Panda

Tyrannosaurus Rex

The animals that are in the zoo but haven't reached $100k are as follows:

American Bison

Thomson's Gazelle

Moose

Bongo

Greater Flamingo

Scimitar Horned Oryx

Common Zebra

Wildebeest

Dodo

Bluebuck

Baird's Tapir

West Indian Manatee

Fennec Fox

Ostrich

Addax

Giant Sable Antelope

Komodo Dragon

Short Finned Pilot Whale

Jaguar

Sivatherium

Koala

Przwalski's Wild Horse

Ring-tailed Lemur

Warthog

Bengal Tiger

African Elephant

Cave Lion

Caracal

Orca

Gigantophithecus

Utahraptor

The most recent animals I've added were the Fennec Fox, Orca Whale, Gigantopithecus, and Utahraptor. Has anyone else tried something similar? Perhaps someone else would like to try this and see who reaches the $100k cap on all 129 animals first.

Guest RSoxNo1

I'm in November of year 14. Here is the list of animals that have received $100k in donations

American Bison

Dromedary Camel

Emperor Penguin

Quagga

West Indian Manatee

Fennec Fox

Okapi

Ring-tailed Lemur

Meerkat

Red Panda

Goblin Shark

African Elephant

Snow Leopard

Cave Lion

Whale Shark

White Shark

Triceratops

Stegosaurus

Giant Panda

Utahraptor

Tyrannosaurus Rex

The species that are currently in the zoo are as follows

Addax

American Mastodon

Baird's Tapir

Bengal Tiger

Blue Marlin

Bluebuck

Bongo

Bottlenose Dolphin

Caracal

Chimpanzee

Common Zebra

Dodo

Dwarf Sicilian Elephant

Ethiopian Wolf

False Killer Whale

Giant Ground Sloth

Giant Sable Antelope

Gigantophithecus

Greater Flamingo

Jaguar

Koala

Komodo Dragon

Moose

Orca

Ostrich

Przwalski's Wild Horse

Scimitar Horned Oryx

Short Finned Pilot Whale

Sivatherium

Thomson's Gazelle

Velociraptor

Warthog

Wildebeest

It appears the Bongo will be the next species to crack $100k, then probably the Scimitar Horned Oryx, after that it's up in the air.

Guest RSoxNo1

A follow up for today. I'm in May of Year 15, and I just added Pygmy Hippopotamus, and Mountain Gorilla's to the zoo in place of Bongo's (who were most recently in an exhibit with the Baird's Tapir) and the Gigantopithacus (who was in an exhibit by themselves).

The next animal likely to be replaced is the Scimitar Horned Oryx. It's currently at around $96k, while the Orca is around $86K. I'm guessing both won't reach $100k until Year 16. After that several animals are right around $80K, most of which are the Savannah animals which could see a change to that large exhibit.

Guest RSoxNo1

A bit of a setback today. I had an elevated path around the marine exhibits, and on this path I had several donation boxes. I removed this set up in favor of a jeep ride. Apparently when you delete a donation box, you lose the count of money that has been donated into that box for each animal. As a result the Cave Lion, Gigantopithacus, and West Indian Manatee dropped below $100k again, and the Orca took a huge hit as well. I adopted Cave Lions, Gigantopithacus and West Indian Manatees again to get their donations back above $100k, but so far no other new animals have crossed that threshhold with the Orca's and the Scimitar Horned Oryx's still closest.

Guest RSoxNo1

I'm in December of Year 22 right now. 38 animals are at 100K, and I have 37 additional species in the zoo right now. The next animal to reach 100K will probably be the Sable Antelope. My Savannah exhibit was getting crowded, so I didn't replace the Ostrich when it reached 100K, however when the Sable Antelope reaches 100K I may replace it with the Giant Warthog, or wait for another species to reach 100K, then divide the exhibit to have a separate enclosure for the two species of Giraffes.

• 1 month later...