• Most Online

asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• There are no registered users currently online

Greater Flamingoes

Guest RSoxNo1

genkicoll

They do die off quickly, don't they? Keep at least two mating pairs and don't put any predators in the exhibit with them. Remember that the offspring won't mate with their parents or siblings, so having multiple mating pairs is a must!

I wish you luck though as I once tried it with 4 couples but they die quicker then they breed I didn't last long

Halfway building my zoo the last one died (Ok I must admit I am a slow builder)

I always tend to have a larger flock consisting of even numbers of males and females. They usually last a few years with me only having to buy new birds when they complain about having no one to breed with.

Guest RSoxNo1

Yeah, it doesn't seem like anyone has come up with a solution. In my zoo I've had as many as 8 males and 8 females that could be breeding pairs and the population is not self sustaining. I think this has been a problem since the games beginning. I know on previous installs, and back in the old Zoo Admin days I had downloaded a patch (or found a thread that instructed me how to fix) the life span and breeding habits of the flamingoes. However, it seems to be a flaw in the game where you can't create a self sustaining population.

I know in real life, zoos had difficulty breeding flamingoes in smaller populations so they used mirrors in the enclosures so that the flamingoes thought there were more of them than their actually was.

This forum doesn't seem to be all that active, so I'm gonna start some similar posts to this one about other problems I've encountered.